Tank Leak - Worst Disaster Imaginable! : (

Discussion in 'Freshwater Tank Equipment' started by SFGiantsGuy, Apr 18, 2019.

1. SFGiantsGuyWell Known MemberMember

This woke me up from my nap: my 30 gallon sprung a leak. All is destroyed. Any advice please??? : (

Attached Files:

2. SFGiantsGuyWell Known MemberMember

My god...ALL is lost....... :*( : ( Saved most of fish inHome Depot buckets...don’t know what to do here...please help...anyone!

Attached Files:

3. GiulWell Known MemberMember

Oh, yikes! You can put your filter and heater in the Home Depot bucket for the time being. First thing tomorrow you can attempt to re seal your tank or buy a new one

4. toosieFishlore VIPMember

Do you have a Rubbermaid or Sterilite tote kicking around? You can use it as a temporary tank.

5. SFGiantsGuyWell Known MemberMember

Yeah, but no money right now for a new tank... : (

6. MeldyranValued MemberMember

Not sure if it’s within your budget, but I have seen some leak sealant as cheap as 7 $ in some stores. May work if the breach is small enough?

7. SFGiantsGuyWell Known MemberMember

The entire lower left front was practically gushing out water, enough to wake me up from my nap. Some Cory’s, Platys and my white Berta now reside in a Steriite container; at least I know the betta will make it...about to have a panic attack here... : ( Do disillusioned from eating to start over now...help everyone...

The breach was practically across the ENTIRE length of the front...dunno how long my fish will survive in this Sterilite container...

Attached Files:

8. GiulWell Known MemberMember

You should put them in the 5 gallon home depot bucket, just fill it up as if it was a 5 gallon tank. They’re better off in a larger volume of water than tuberware

9. toosieFishlore VIPMember

You don't have one that is designed more like this, do you?

Or this?

Something big? Then the heater and filter can still be operational.

10. SFGiantsGuyWell Known MemberMember

No, mine's about 19 inches X 10 inches wide.

And I couldn't salvage enough water in time either...

11. toosieFishlore VIPMember

There is more water in the tap. The water isn't where the beneficial bacteria is. Just make sure to use something that you can put more water into and hang the filter and heater on.

And use the same temp. plus use conditioner.

12. SFGiantsGuyWell Known MemberMember

Found this: it’s pretty big!

Almost 10 gallons.

Attached Files:

13. toosieFishlore VIPMember

Yes!!!

Give her a rinse. Use conditioner and fill her up, just keep the temp the same as they are in. .

14. GiulWell Known MemberMember

Perfect!

15. SFGiantsGuyWell Known MemberMember

Attached Files:

16. GiulWell Known MemberMember

Keep us posted

17. SFGiantsGuyWell Known MemberMember

I am NOT a quitter. I never give up...on anything. Period. Couldn’t locate 2 baby Cory’s though... : (

Attached Files:

18. toosieFishlore VIPMember

People use these things as quick quarantine tanks all of the time. It looks like it is in good shape, so you should be good to go. :)

Are they on the floor?

19. SFGiantsGuyWell Known MemberMember

This supremely SUCKS! Unbelievable.

20. toosieFishlore VIPMember

They could still be alright, if you can find them.