Tank is dying need your help

1. xravenzx

xravenzx New Member Member

Hello everyone,

I have recently got new mollies added to my tank and since then my tank went upside down i have fungus rot fin and white spots all coming together and i am losing fishes every day

Water parameters is fine and am doing water changes every day and then.

Used melafix for 5days now but i can still see my fishes are getting worse

My goldfish is now also getting worse.
    [​IMG]

2. OP
    OP
    xravenzx

Also i have noticed some translucent poo and i guess thats a parasite

Tank details:
    250L
    Canister sera filter
    2 goldfish ( 1 died yest)
    15 neon
    15 gobies ( lost 3)
    8 mollies ( lost 2)
    5 fancy gobies ( lost all)
    1 pleco
    2 cory

I also used white spot meds yesterday with melafix

3. sunshine2012

sunshine2012 Valued Member Member

How big is your tank? Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think your suppose to have goldfish with tropical, the goldfish like water that is cooler than the tropical. I stay away from most mollies. The only mollies I have is balloon belly mollies and that's because a friend needed to get rid of some, never had any luck with mollies or platy. Also what are you parameters?

4. OP
    OP
    xravenzx

My tank is 66g and it was fine for almost a year my goldfish with gobies but since the mollies are there it went berserk parameters areas below
    Temp 25 c
    PH 7.6
    KH 6 d
    CI 0
    No2 0
    No3 25

5. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

What species of goby? What species of pleco? What species of cory?

As stated, your fish are incompatible and should not be kept together. As you can see, it's not "fine."

I would rehome either the goldfish or the other fish and concentrate on healing the ones left.

Can you take a pic of the white spots?

6. OP
    OP
    xravenzx

Twin tail gubbies
    Fancy gubbies
    Hillstream Loaches pleco
    Scarlet pleco
    Only one fancy gold fish
    Coridoras similis none left
    Neon tetra
    siamese algae eater
    Black and white Mollies

I can remove the gold fish to my the empty tank

Ill put the pic once am home

7. OP
    OP
    xravenzx

[​IMG]
    White dots on tail

8. OP
    OP
    xravenzx

[​IMG]
    On black its visible

9. TexasDomer

10. OP
    OP
    xravenzx

I have already applied meds as i was seeing losses .. I hope for the best and ill update thread accordingly thanks

11. Rivermonster

Rivermonster Valued Member Member

Try gradually increase the temp of your tank over a few days to 30c. Ich cant reproduce at that temp and they will die quicker. Carry on treating with meds as directed, increase oxygen/ water flow if possible. You can also add salt at 1 teaspoon per 4 liters/1gal once every 12 hours, 3times, dissolved seperatly, but id go easy it.

12. OP
    OP
    xravenzx

I have sat the temp to 28 last 2 days with white spots meds 1 full dosage and melafix daily for 6 days

So far i am happy to say deaths has stopped and my fishes are happy still white dots are there and fin rot has almost gone from my goldfish but i can tell its way better than before

13. clk89

clk89 Fishlore VIP Member

With the heat method you are suppose to only do heat or meds not both at the same time.

14. OP
    OP
    xravenzx

Actually i read that salt with meds is not recommended heat would fasten up the cycle and the meds will kill the ich as am facing losses. Couldnt wait for normal heat method

15. TexasDomer

Heat and meds aren't recommended together.

Why couldn't you wait for the heat method?

16. OP
    OP
    xravenzx

I asked in LFS and he recommended so as well lots of articles said if fishes are dying already use meds directly

Unfortunately i have lost about 18 fishes and i wanted to do anything to solve the rest

17. TexasDomer

Wow, that's a lot of fish. I disagree with your LFS guy, but if you want to follow his advice, go for it. I hope you stop losing fish.

Do you know your ammonia level?

18. OP
    OP
    xravenzx

Ya i know :/ i have lost one more molly today the one white severe white dots rest of tank seems to be cured no more dots but waiting for the full cycle to finish
    Ammona is on 0.25 as i hvent changed water for meds today i finished 7 days treatment plan on metafix and ill do 25% water changes today and tomorrow and ill clean filters