Tank Invaders Help

1. Kill Switch Initiate Member

Hi

I have a fry tank setup with 10 mollies and 5 rams-horn snails.
    Tank is cycled
    Water is 0,0,25

This morning after a PWC I noticed two foreign inhabitants
    The first is what I think are snail eggs attached to the side on the tank
    DSC07876.JPG
    Can anyone please confirm

The second more worrying inhibitor is worms, white (ultra thin) worms(about as thick as a hair, and slightly bigger).

I have no idea how they got in , but I am more worried could they be a threat to my fish?
    DSC07878.JPG DSC07879.JPG DSC07886.JPG

Any help in ID and possible solution if they are a problem

Thx
    KS

2. Matt B Well Known Member Member

The first appears to be ramshorn eggs, harmless. The second looks like planaria, also harmless.

3. ricmcc Well Known Member Member

I agree with the snail eggs, but as worms are so difficult to ID (for me, at any rate), I was hoping that you could be more specific on the size of the whatsit in your tank.
    I get that it is about the thickness of a hair, but when you go to say, 'but slightly bigger', are you referring to width again or to length? If length, that allows for a whole lot of variation (skin to about 1/4 inch for me, longer, I am happy to say, for my wife:) ).
    Also, if you could describe where in the tank they tend to occur, whether they respond to light, whether you have seem them eat anything, etc., that might help in attempting an I.D.
    Thx, rick

4. Kill Switch Initiate Member

thx for info so far

The worms are slightly thicker than a hair and about 2-4mm in length, they seem to have no aversion to light.
    They do not swim, but are able to crawl up the sides of the glass, I think the came out of the filter, as when I do a PWC the water ends up reverse flowing.
    After running normally they all missing now, so might be fish are snacking on them, or they got back to the filter....

5. virusmk Well Known Member Member

It looks like ditritus worms (white skiny long comparing to tbeir thikness) that i have seen in my tank as well not long ago. They are harmless and do help for bio degradation of the waste. Fish love to fist o them as well. While planaria is shot but significantly wide and most of the times grey or almost black in colour.

If you got recently live plants driftwood or ornaments that ha e been in comunity tank most likely they have been taxing around.