Tank ideas?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Melly4477, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Melly4477

Melly4477 New Member Member

So if you didn't see my other tread here is a recap, I went and rescued my betta from Walmart before anyone else could get him and currently he is staying in a 1.5 gallon bowl while I wait for my birthday to come around so I get get a better tank. I was talking to my parents about getting another tank, I'm wanting a 5 gallon, but they insist that 4, 5 gallon tanks in my room is too much (I have 3 for my other bettas) and that while I can have another tank the biggest it can really be is around 2.5 to mabey 4 gallons. Im assuming that I will probably end up with the 2.5. Since that isn't much room, what would be the best filter and heater I can get for that size. Also does anyone have any good ideas for how to decorate it, I would love to see some pictures of your small tanks. (He is a silver and red crowntail if you had and cool color combinations)

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  2. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

I like sponge filters for small betta tanks. Sorry, I can't help with a heater recommendation though. I moved my betta from a 2.5 to a 10 gal because I couldn't find a good small heater.

Would your parents let you get 2 10 gal tanks instead? You can split them in half and keep two bettas in each 10 gal.

3. MelPaulATL

MelPaulATL Valued Member Member

I was in Petco last week, searching for driftwood , saw heaters made specifically for betta tanks bowls. Check petsmart, petco. Or, order on line from drsfostersmith.com, thatpetplace.com. My bettas surveved 20 degree temps when power went out couple years ago here in ATL area.

4. Aquaphobia

Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

Try to get one that's longer than a standard 2.5. How about the Marineland 3 gallon Nook tank? Or the API 3 gallon Semi-Hex View tank? Those are relatively inexpensive;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice