Tank Ideas Please? 29 Gallon Tank

1. RainBetta

RainBetta Member Member

Hey guys! I saw the angels st my LFS today and they were absolutely beautiful. Solid yellows and koi, and only quarter sized! How's my new plan for my 29G?

x1 Angelfish
    x10 Bloodfin Tetras
    x6 male guppies
    x1 Platy

I'm hoping that the guppies and angel will be okay together as the Angel will only be quarter sized

2. Crafty Cichlid

Crafty Cichlid Member Member

Initially, I don't expect you'll have issues, but expect losses down the road. Female guppies are little food creating machines though, as all of those fish will enjoy the fry (that's why they're prolific, everything eats guppy fry.)

Angels and tetras can be an issue, tetras are known to nip at fins, and angels won't take kindly to that. Otherwise, they're environmentally compatible.

3. OP
    OP
    RainBetta

RainBetta Member Member

Any suggestions on schooling fish? Are cardinals or Harlequin rasboras too small?

4. Crafty Cichlid

Crafty Cichlid Member Member

Probably not, and you can get a small army of them. Guppies are only a problem because of their colorful fins, and that's with any fish. Couple that with a species where the male's lifespan isn't long, and the female's is, and the male is nicer to look at, they're usually nice to have alone.

They'll work, and at the end of the day, it's what you like that's important. I catch flak for putting various barbs in with any number of other fish/temperaments. I've had success with them in with angels, african cichlids, guppies, and even in my betta sorority.