Tank Idea & Wavemakers with Bettas?

JustAFishServant

Hi all! I've been planning a setup for some time and sketched out many ideas, one of which is this:

- Tank: 20T/29G (31×61×41/31×76×46 cm)
- Substrate: 1.5" soil, 0.5" black diamond sand cap
- Plants: jungle val (background), giant sword, tiger lotus, h. polysperma (midground), possibly monte carlo (foreground carpet) and/or some floaters.
- Stock: thinking a male wild type honey gourami, female betta, pea puffer, endlers or maybe just a few planorbis planorbis (my favorite!)

To add, wavemakers make a nice addition to jungle val and help with dead zones, although I'm unsure whether it's ideal for a betta girl.

IMG_20210920_213906.jpg

So whaddya think? This is one of my favorite ideas but I'd like to hear opinions from y'all :)

BigManAquatics

Might be able to get away with it with a female betta, obviously the smaller the fins the better in this case.

Jerionslot

I'd say you have a good idea on your hands. On another note, that's some artistic sketching, nice work!

JustAFishServant

Might be able to get away with it with a female betta, obviously the smaller the fins the better in this case.
I had a girl with fins twice as long as a plakat male's but I plan to go for a standard length or plakat female, preferably not long-finned for the same reason you mentioned.

I know it's an uncommon opinion but females are superior! They have more energy, personality, and just as many colors, patterns, fin types and lengths as any old male. My first was Bluestar, a blue black head roundtail. She was highly territorial and a show-off but was friendly with people with a big hump due to old age. She sadly passed due to a malfunctioned heater one month away from her 4th birthday. S.I.P. my beautiful Bluestar <3

BigManAquatics

I had a girl with fins twice as long as a plakat male's but I plan to go for a standard length or plakat female, preferably not long-finned for the same reason you mentioned.

I know it's an uncommon opinion but females are superior! They have more energy, personality, and just as many colors, patterns, fin types and lengths as any old male. My first was Bluestar, a blue black head roundtail. She was highly territorial and a show-off but was friendly with people with a big hump due to old age. She sadly passed due to a malfunctioned heater one month away from her 4th birthday. S.I.P. my beautiful Bluestar <3
All i got right now is a king betta sharing a 29g with some snails and an attitudinal albino bn pleco....full of character, that tank!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Miles Green

Random Great Thread

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom