Tank Glue Help

1. E

Esonu New Member Member

Hello I jut purchased a Marineland 56 gallon fishtank with Stand and have set everything up. Currently have 7 total fish and everything is going great. Just wondering if the glue portion is supposed to be like this. It’s been like this the whole time bought it 3weeks ago. But just wanted an opinion. Also if there’s any peaceful communal fish recommendations I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. HORNET1

HORNET1 Valued Member Member

First of all...WELCOME TO FISHLORE !!!
    I don't see a problem with your tank glue.
    I do have a couple of questions.
    Have you tested your water parameters ?
    Are you certain your tank is cycled?
    I would like to know before recommending additional fish.

Advertisement

3. OP
    OP
    E

Esonu New Member Member

Thank you. I just wanted to be sure. I took my water to the local Petsmart they did a liquid test of the water and said everything is ready to go. I personally don’t have the kit yet but will be my next investment.

4. HORNET1

HORNET1 Valued Member Member

My guess is that your tank is NOT completely cycled. I do not trust Petsmart parameter readings. Many Petsmart employees don't even know how to make correct change at the checkout register, much less understand how to test tank water. I recommend that you be patient and do not add any more fish until you get an API Test Kit and do some thorough research into the nitrogen cycle:
    Aquarium Nitrogen Cycle
    GOOD LUCK :)

5. OP
    OP
    E

Esonu New Member Member

Lol you’re right about Petsmart. But I also just took it to a aquarium store and they said all’s good also. So quick question. What is the feeding amount for this fish. And also I have a lot of bubbles on the top. Should I turn off the pump? And the purple GloFish keeps attacking the yellow one. Are they playing or are these fish aggressive?

Attached Files:

6. NLindsey921

NLindsey921 Well Known Member Member

In small groups black skirt tetras (the fish go fish are made from) become aggressive towards each other often nipping at each other's fins.

7. OP
    OP
    E

Esonu New Member Member

Is 6 a small group by chance?

8. NLindsey921

NLindsey921 Well Known Member Member

6 is the minimum number recommended. They are a schooling fish. If you can I would do a few more.

Advertisement