Tank getting a bit crazy

Discussion in 'Breeding Fish' started by Littlebudda, Aug 13, 2015.

1. LittlebuddaWell Known MemberMember

I currently have a pair of Angels breeding at one end, a pair of elliotti cichlids breeding at the other end and it looks like my keyholes are getting ready to go as well.

Here are my Angels
    ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1439454374.352973.jpgImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1439454471.486500.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

Wow, that's a lot of breeding at the same time..... luckily your tank is so large so it should be able to handle it.

3. LittlebuddaWell Known MemberMember

The Angels are first time parents so I'm not holding out to much hope for the eggs I'll see if they make it through the night they've been pretty easily distracted so far. It will be interesting to see the fry the female is an albino pearl scale.

4. LittlebuddaWell Known MemberMember

As I guessed the Angel eggs didn't make it through the night maybe next go.

5. Irish EyesNew MemberMember

When I was breeding Angelfish a couple of decades ago, I'd always drape a dark cloth over the glass of the Angels' tank. It caused them to be less spooked, and therefore less likely to eat their eggs.

I also kept them in their own tank so they didn't have to stress over what their "neighbors" in the same tank were up to.

That method worked well for me, and I didn't even have to remove the babies before they were ready to sell to the LFS. That pair provided hundreds of babies who made it to "too big to eat" size over the course of about 3 years :). AND they provided me with a bit o' change to spend on making sure they had good food to eat and comfortable housing :).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice