Tank foaming?

twosocks24

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I'm noticing bubbles building up along the walls and at the surface of the tank. I've tried water changes and nothing has changed. It's weird because the tank has been up for many mouths as I don't see a reason for this. Here's a picture. Is this something I should worry about?

(I cleaned a bunch out)

And no it's not my gourami making a bubble nest as I first assumed. ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1437880000.767768.jpg ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1437880048.317719.jpg
ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1437879892.153484.jpg

Twosocks ~

derkulies

Valued Member
Reaction score
That is strange ! What's the tank temp at cuz my first thought would have been gourami too. What conditioner do you use for water change? anything changed about your habits with cleaning? More or less food? Did you add air pump? My thought is something mucus based would cause that. (From fish)

I know may seem redundant but retracing steps can help.

Outside that I'm at a loss maybe some one else has a better thought and best of luck.

Bijou88

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
derkulies is how you tag I've had the same bubbles before, I got them around the time I had new driftwood though so I figured it was just extra solids in the water from the tannins. I really have no idea though, mine went away after about a week.

CindiL

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Did you do a large water change? Are you on a well? Do they go away in a day or so?
It can also be a sign of trapped CO2 in your water and the bubbles slowly dissipate as the CO2 off gasses. If I did not aerate my water in a bin separately my tank would be full of them. I don't think the bubbles by themselves are bad but I'd be curious to know your ph between your tap and your tank. Have you tested both?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom