Tank foaming?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by twosocks24, Jul 25, 2015.

1. twosocks24

twosocks24 New Member Member

I'm noticing bubbles building up along the walls and at the surface of the tank. I've tried water changes and nothing has changed. It's weird because the tank has been up for many mouths as I don't see a reason for this. Here's a picture. Is this something I should worry about?

(I cleaned a bunch out)

And no it's not my gourami making a bubble nest as I first assumed. ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1437880000.767768.jpg ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1437880048.317719.jpg
    ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1437879892.153484.jpg

Twosocks ~

2. derkulies

derkulies Valued Member Member

That is strange ! What's the tank temp at cuz my first thought would have been gourami too. What conditioner do you use for water change? anything changed about your habits with cleaning? More or less food? Did you add air pump? My thought is something mucus based would cause that. (From fish)

I know may seem redundant but retracing steps can help.

Outside that I'm at a loss maybe some one else has a better thought and best of luck.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

3. Dom90

Dom90 Fishlore VIP Member

Did you recently do a water change? If the tap water temp is lower than the tank water temp, bubbles may occur on the walls. It's happened to me before.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

4. derkulies

derkulies Valued Member Member

I was hoping you would respond Dom lol but I don't know how to notify/tag someone

Sent from my SM-G900V using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

5. Bijou88

Bijou88 Well Known Member Member

derkulies is how you tag :) I've had the same bubbles before, I got them around the time I had new driftwood though so I figured it was just extra solids in the water from the tannins. I really have no idea though, mine went away after about a week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

6. CindiL

CindiL Fishlore Legend Member

Did you do a large water change? Are you on a well? Do they go away in a day or so?
    It can also be a sign of trapped CO2 in your water and the bubbles slowly dissipate as the CO2 off gasses. If I did not aerate my water in a bin separately my tank would be full of them. I don't think the bubbles by themselves are bad but I'd be curious to know your ph between your tap and your tank. Have you tested both?

7. leftswerve

leftswerve Well Known Member Member

I've had experience with water conditioner that contains stress coat causing excess bubbles. Switched to dechlorinator only and problem greatly reduced.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice