Tank Finally Cycled!

Ayers

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
20 gallon tank finally cycled. Thanks to everyone that has helped on here! For about a week and a half I have been consitantly getting ammonia + nitite readings of zero while adding a pinch of fish food every other day. Today nitrates have hit 40ppm. I’d like to get some little critters in there this week. My question is how much of a water change do I do today to get the tank ready to begin stocking? Should I get anything to add to the tank today besides prime?

Also any advice on stocking options? I’d like some panda Corys I’ve seen at my lps. Also have done research on maybe having two female platys. Thanks in advance.

tetratetris

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Good job!

I just do a 25%-30% water change. I'm no expert but i think prime would be fine as that seems to be what most people do. I think you could do the corys, maybe 2 schooling fish groups of around 8 each, then platys if you want. Instead of platies you could have a DG of which I love. Good luck

Ayers

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Thanks!

Definitely looking to understock for easy upkeep in beginning. When I do water change today would it be ok to add fish tomorrow as long as numbers remain good. Also wanted to start with Corys since it the fish I know I definitely want so I’ll have some time to consider while I wait for Corys to adjust.

Also, due to condensation glass is looking a bit spotty, can clean this off? I do not want to disturb bacteria.

tetratetris

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Yes i think you could add them as long as the numbers are good. If it's just on the sides of the tank them it should be fine just don't be to rough more light.
Good luck!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom