Tank Family

Status
Not open for further replies.

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
and i thought i was the only crazy one to have two males together. Lol. But sadly yes i have seen and heard so many sob stories about the betta killing their other fish, shrimp or snails. Most of them with a 15 gallon or below. I tried ghost shrimp and apparently one or more of my bettas decided they were food which they are. They would be like pizza swimming by us, most of us would eat it. Lol

Bry

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have a 5 gallon with a Betta, 4 Neons and a Tiger Nerite. In my opinion, it all depends on the Betta's personality. When Phantom started in a 2.5, because I was told that would be fine, he killed everything. No tank buddies for him. Once I did a bit more research, I upgraded him to a 5. Crossed my fingers and added the neons, and he's been great! He swims around with them and has never flared or attacked any of the Neons or the snail.
But by no means am I a Betta expert. This is just my experience. Phantom is just a super chill Betta I guess. He's more interested in watching me than anything in his home.

WanhiBetta

Valued Member
Reaction score
I have a 5 gallon with a Betta, 4 Neons and a Tiger Nerite. In my opinion, it all depends on the Betta's personality. When Phantom started in a 2.5, because I was told that would be fine, he killed everything. No tank buddies for him. Once I did a bit more research, I upgraded him to a 5. Crossed my fingers and added the neons, and he's been great! He swims around with them and has never flared or attacked any of the Neons or the snail.
But by no means am I a Betta expert. This is just my experience. Phantom is just a super chill Betta I guess. He's more interested in watching me than anything in his home.
Neon tetra are very active fish and require a bare minimum of 10g.... most people even say 20g. Your tank is overstocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom