Tank Downgrade

Joshuaharestad

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I have a grow out tank with 1 ornate bichir. 1 speckled bichir. 1 lapradei bichir. 2 angel fish. 1 electric blue acara and 1 fire eel. They were supposed to go to 210. All small still. But now it looks like my 210 will be too expensive. I have a free 125. I'm worried that's too much stock for the 125. So going to probably part with a few. The ornate and the fire eel are the must keeps. The two biggest of course. Would those 2 fit in a 125. Could I keep any of the rest? Who would you keep? What about a 180 gallon if I could at least get that. I do 50% water changes weekly. Thanks!

angelcraze

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm not familiar with keeping eels or bishirs, but I wouldn't house them with angelfish. I also wouldn't house angelfish with EB acaras unless it was really big tank and no eels or bichirs. So if the eels and bichirs are the keepers, I would rehome the acaras and angels. Maybe you could get a bigger fish like severum or giant gourami.

50% weekly water change is good on a large tank, but I can't say just how big you need for the eels and bichirs.

Thought you might like this

Last edited:
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom