Tank Dividers

KatieLeigh

So I have a couple male bettas, and 4 Female bettas, with a total of 3 tanks. (2 4-gal for the males and a 10 for the females.) I would really like to consolidate my tanks, and I had the thought of maybe getting a 20 Gallon with two dividers to keep the males away from the females and each other.

But I worry that just being in the same water together might cause the females to start producing eggs? Has anyone ever tried keeping males and females in the same tank just seperate?
Thank you!

jkkgron2

KatieLeigh said:
So I have a couple male bettas, and 4 Female bettas, with a total of 3 tanks. (2 4-gal for the males and a 10 for the females.) I would really like to consolidate my tanks, and I had the thought of maybe getting a 20 Gallon with two dividers to keep the males away from the females and each other.

But I worry that just being in the same water together might cause the females to start producing eggs? Has anyone ever tried keeping males and females in the same tank just seperate?
Thank you!
Are the dividers going to have any holes in them? If not then it’s essentially 3 different tanks with a bit of water being shared (filters and heaters would be needed for all sections). I doubt there will be much risk though. However, I would just use that 20 for the females. I tried keeping them in a 10 with very little success and doing long term can be stressful. Having a 20 to themselves will make it easier and ease any stress or aggression they might show.

KatieLeigh

The solid glass is a great point thank you!
All my females are pretty docile and easy going. I got them all as babies so I feel like growing up with each other has helped their temperments!

jkkgron2

KatieLeigh said:
The solid glass is a great point thank you!
All my females are pretty docile and easy going. I got them all as babies so I feel like growing up with each other has helped their temperments!
If you got them as baby’s I think that there’s less risk. I still would give them the whole 20 but 10 should be ok!

Top Bottom