Tank Dividers- Help!

Tigginjenn

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I'm dealing with this issue, as I type this. The hood on my tank is weird, and its popping up way more than I like. Also, I can't seem to get the clips to lay flat. Ugh. So frustrating
1525289278344.jpg

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I believe that the instructions notify you about the hood not laying flat, although I never had this problem.
Do you need the clips, is it sturdy without them?

Tigginjenn

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Fanatic said:
I believe that the instructions notify you about the hood not laying flat, although I never had this problem.
Well, the instructions dont say anything about it not laying flat, but it might be secure enough without. I'm only putting one of them in right now, regardless. See if he doesnt find a weak spot. Lol. The other can stay right where he's at for now. I was wondering if I had one of the fluorescent hoods, instead of these new led ones, would it be better.

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Fanatic said:
I have four of these for my bettas. SO, their new version is terrible with the rounded edges (the blue part) I took my clips off and it stays fairly well. Or you can cut a little section out for the metal to go in place, I will look for a photo of mine.

Tigginjenn said:
Well, the instructions dont say anything about it not laying flat, but it might be secure enough without. I'm only putting one of them in right now, regardless. See if he doesnt find a weak spot. Lol. The other can stay right where he's at for now. I was wondering if I had one of the fluorescent hoods, instead of these new led ones, would it be better.
Is this a topfin tank?

Tigginjenn

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
CanadianFishFan said:
Is this a topfin tank?
The divider is Top Fin, but I the tank itself, is just one of those PetSmart brand kits. I had originally purchased it to use as a quarantine tank, but never did, so figured I'd put the bettas in it.

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Tigginjenn said:
The divider is Top Fin, but I the tank itself, is just one of those PetSmart brand kits. I had originally purchased it to use as a quarantine tank, but never did, so figured I'd put the bettas in it.
Yeah i used to just move the lid back a bit (so it overhangs like a cm on the other side) Its good anyway because it allows more air in when its open like that.

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
CanadianFishFan said:
Yeah i used to just move the lid back a bit (so it overhangs like a cm on the other side) Its good anyway because it allows more air in when its open like that.
You can also cut a tiny hole just for the clips to poke out from

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Dont mind jupiter, but as you can see the old ones were flat and not rounded. They stayed better then the new ones without the clips. The one in my female tank is leaning a bit but they dont care.
upload_2018-5-2_14-23-46.png

Fanatic said:
Like i said earlier, I was going to do that. But laziness took over.

Tigginjenn

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Fanatic said:
I've considered that too. I have little tiny drill bits. Lol.

CanadianFishFan said:
Dont mind jupiter, but as you can see the old ones were flat and not rounded. They stayed better then the new ones without the clips. The one in my female tank is leaning a bit but they dont care.
View attachment 434812
I'm just gonna put Severus in for now, and see if he ends up on the other side. Lol. I'm gonna try without the clips, since he'llbe alone for the moment. Then maybe try with Hedwig tomorrow, if it holds up. They've been roomies, so the flairing is over, for the most part. Although, sometimes Severus still tries to act tough. Lol. I'm such a dork

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Tigginjenn said:
I'm just gonna put Severus in for now, and see if he ends up on the other side. Lol. I'm gonna try without the clips, since he'llbe alone for the moment. Then maybe try with Hedwig tomorrow, if it holds up. They've been roomies, so the flairing is over, for the most part. Although, sometimes Severus still tries to act tough. Lol. I'm such a dork
Well id suggest adding both bettas at once so they dont try and take over the otherside. They thinks its their territory, but i guess if you had them together before its fine. I like the divider systems for me because the males never get bored because they are always protecting their territory and on border security. Jupiter (the one shown) is always on the look for galaxy my other male. I hope yours are both the same gender or else you cant do the system. Anyway galaxy never flares back. My females just stare at each other through the divider and i swear they talk and gossip there too :/. I used a black mesh x2 though, so its harder for the bettas to see eachother. (even though they can sometimes see through)

Tigginjenn

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
CanadianFishFan said:
Well id suggest adding both bettas at once so they dont try and take over the otherside. They thinks its their territory, but i guess if you had them together before its fine. I like the divider systems for me because the males never get bored because they are always protecting their territory and on border security. Jupiter (the one shown) is always on the look for galaxy my other male. I hope yours are both the same gender or else you cant do the system. Anyway galaxy never flares back. My females just stare at each other through the divider and i swear they talk and gossip there too :/. I used a black mesh x2 though, so its harder for the bettas to see eachother. (even though they can sometimes see through)
The divider is up, so Severus can't try to take over the other side. I just figured it was safer that way, since I'm trying to go without the clips. That way, no nasty surprise in the morning. Hopefully, he doesnt find a weak spot. They're both males, and Hedwig never flares back. Lol. Like I said, Severus really doesn't do much flaring anymore either.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom