Tank decision making

Bdowns33

Wanting to set up a new planted tank. Trying to decide between a 40gal breeder, a marineland 45 gal cube, or a 36 gal bowfront. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

BigManAquatics

I vote for the 40 breeder, as cubes seem a bit awkward to me and bowfronts are kinda "meh" in my world!!

SouthAmericanCichlids

I vote 40 gallon breeder also, cubes are just hard to get around and clean, the bowfront is smaller. But 40 breeders are a great size for aquascaping, the closest common aquarium size to a lowboy, it just has so much more potential than others similar to its size.

AverageAquarist22

I’d say wither the 40 breeder or 45 gallon cube, the bigger the better (when it comes to tanks anyway) in my opinion! Also that gives you more space for stocking/ scaping :)

Basil

40 breeder

CoconutTheBetta

Wanting to set up a new planted tank. Trying to decide between a 40gal breeder, a marineland 45 gal cube, or a 36 gal bowfront. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
I actually vote for the bowl front! Yes, it's smaller but I do like the bow front look a lot more than your standard flat look!

ProudPapa

40 gallon breeder. It's a great size. I'm a big fan of shorter tanks since they're easier to work in, and provide more surface area and swimming room than taller tanks of the same volume.

Bdowns33

Seems like the consensus is the 40 gal breeder. Which is what I was leaning towards. Does anyone have any creative ideas for a stand or place to purchase one? Plan to use canister filter and would like to hide it and some other things underneath, but I cant find a good solution for that size that doesn't hurt my wallet in a tremendous way.

EdieBadedie

Seems like the consensus is the 40 gal breeder. Which is what I was leaning towards. Does anyone have any creative ideas for a stand or place to purchase one? Plan to use canister filter and would like to hide it and some other things underneath, but I cant find a good solution for that size that doesn't hurt my wallet in a tremendous way.
Imagitarium Brooklyn Metal Tank Stand - for 40 Gallon Tanks
I have used this one. Ill be honest, it isn't the best tank stand, but it gets the job done. I ended up screwing it to the wall to make sure it was sturdy, and after that I did not have any problems

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies
Views
K3nzie
  • Question
Replies
Views
FinalFins
  • Question