Tank cycled, water still cloudy and getting worse

Pfrozen

Member
Hi, my tank is cycled with the following parameters:

Ammonia 0
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 10-20
Ph 7.0
Gh 7-8
Kh 4-5

I stocked some new fish a few days ago and still have 0 ammonia and 0 nitrites. Only thing that's been increasing is nitrates for about 1 week now. Total cycle took about 3 weeks using a few different products.

My water is very cloudy so I did a 30% WC yesterday. Today it is even cloudier :/

Will this clear up eventually?

Thanks.
 

!poogs!

Member
Yes.

It’s a bio bloom. And the water getting cloudier after a water change confirms this.

this is a good thing and it will clear up.

you didn’t say the size of the tank. The larger the volume of the tank, the longer it takes for the bloom to clear up. My 120 took months. My 55, weeks.

expect diatoms next.
 
  • Thread Starter

Pfrozen

Member
!poogs! said:
Yes.

It’s a bio bloom. And the water getting cloudier after a water change confirms this.

this is a good thing and it will clear up.

you didn’t say the size of the tank. The larger the volume of the tank, the longer it takes for the bloom to clear up. My 120 took months. My 55, weeks.

expect diatoms next.
Just a 10g. I don't even know what a diatom is! Haha. What does that look like?
 

!poogs!

Member
Pfrozen said:
Just a 10g. I don't even know what a diatom is! Haha. What does that look like?
It will clear up in a week or two.

diatom = brown algae on surfaces easy to wipe off.
 
  • Thread Starter

Pfrozen

Member
!poogs! said:
It will clear up in a week or two.

diatom = brown algae on surfaces easy to wipe off.
Cool, thanks for tips!
 
Top Bottom