tank color

joshua 74

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
hey all i have 2 100L tanks with im setting up asap so i can breed and raise more baby's properly. so wont to paint the back of the tank what is the best colour im going to have 2 hang on filters with sponge over the end 4 the babys tank should i have air filters 2. what setups do u think are best.

Slug

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Keep it simple, keep it simple. As for color, depends on the strain you are putting in, but I prefer an ocean breeze color.

379.jpg

33.jpg

Fish Monster

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Keep it simple, keep it simple. As for color, depends on the strain you are putting in, but I prefer an ocean breeze color.

379.jpg

33.jpg
Where in the world are you hiding the heater for that tank on the top? the one with the Blue Diamond I believe it is?
hiding behind the spwaning cones perhaps?

Slug

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
No the sponge filter just sits on the bottom. Once the sponge is full of water it sinks, and the bottom is weighted.

The heater is in the right corner, so you can't see it from that angle.

joshua 74

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
ok coz mine seem to go on a lean and my babys hide under it i keep thinking that if it moves or something they will get squished. can u tell me if this is a good idea i have only 2 small baby discus in a tank like 3 and 5 cm they are still being fed heaps ita a bb tank. becauce they feel safer in larger numbers i thout i would pout some broken pots in there sins iv don that all they now do is hide in the pots when i entre the room should i leave them and c if they grow out of there fear or take away the pots and c what happens.

Slug

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I never like giving them a place to hide, if you give them the chance they will. Be aware that it's good to remove the black sponges once fry from a breeding pair go free swimming. Otherwise the fry will try to attach to the sponge instead of the parents. (good general knowledge for begining breeders)

joshua 74

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
cool thanks for the tip. i will take the pots out and next time i get free swimers there wont be a sponge.

Fish Monster

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Good stuff here guys, even though I am not interested in breeding at the momment it still good to know as maybe one day I will. Rite now I just want to make sure I can keep them properly and grow them out into full healthy adults before I try my hand at breeding them you know babby steps, ha ha.

joshua 74

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
baby steps is all ya need how many discus you got now fishmonster.

Fish Monster

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Oh now Igot 4 discus my wife getting me another one this Wensday actually and then I need to pick p one mre fr a total f 6 for my 55 gallon BB ank

I also have a 30 gallon with all kinds of fish like barbs and loaches I have had that tank for 3 little ver 3 years now and never lst one fish in it thank god I d 5o% waterchanges on it once a week.
But my 4 discus seem very happy I have been very luky and fortunate thingshave been working out fr me this first time at it you know.

I did a ton of reaserch about 3 or 4 mnths worth read the forums asked questins and read a couple of bks/articles ver and over again befre I decided t go fr it now I have a Marb red, a Cobalt, A Blue Diamond, and a Flachen, discus my wife now I wat a diferent starin for each one so there one called a silver pigen blood I was looking at, or a snake skin or one of those scrible iscus I like them a lot, but the snake skins are expensive but man they look cool. thanks for asking

once I figure out how t ge good pics I will post some thanks for lisening.

Fish Monster

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Sorry for the speeling my wireless key board must be dying n me need new batts, I was saying my wife is getting my 5th ne on Wensday as a father day present for me then I only need ne mre to finish the 55 gallon out, maybe a snae skin or scrible discus.

But my wife will probally end upgetting me a silver pigen bld as it iscalled or something I am trying to get a diferent strain each time they really look cool when they school its like looking at a very expensive living rainbw, l.
Thats way I am so how do I say OCD like when it comes to taking care of them yu know I m very particuar I do not want to loose a singal fish if I can hel it. I am 33 years ld with children I had tw of my three daughters were NICU babbies s I know what it is like t take care of something so precious and you need to take care of and care for s closely this is how I try t treat m discus.

In fact I am taking them to Disney World this summer the discus I mean not the kids, lol ha ha my wfe would kill me thats funny I wonder how much airine tickets woud be, hmmm

joshua 74

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I hear if they are under a certain age they get in really cheep lol

Fish Monster

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
rite! hey hunny Iam taking the fish to Disney Ill be back in a week, Iam pretty sure she tell me not to bother comming home, lol.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom