Tank cloudy??

Discussion in 'Cloudy Aquarium Water' started by Hamham, Jul 14, 2015.

1. HamhamNew MemberMember

i bought a 20 gallon tank about a week ago. I have put the gravel and filter in it and it's working fine. But I just realized it seems kinda cloudy¿ haven't put any fish in it.
    Any idea why that is and what could I do?

2. Aquarist

AquaristFishlore LegendMember

Good morning,

Please complete your Aquarium Profile Information. This Information will aid others with their responses. To access the Profile, click on Forum Actions in the bar close to the top of the screen. In the drop down box, click on Edit Profile. Be sure to hit SAVE when you are done.

Perhaps you didn't rinse the gravel well enough and in this case, give it time, it will filter out and or settle.

Are you using Activated Carbon in the filter? If not, I suggest that you do.

Ken :)

(Thread moved to Aquarium Water/Cloudy Aquarium Water section of the forum. You can locate your threads by clicking on Quick Links in the bar close to the top of the screen. In the drop down box, click on My Threads)

3. LiterallyHydro

LiterallyHydroWell Known MemberMember

It's likely just a bacterial bloom. It's very common in new tanks. It'll go away on its own.

4. Dom90

Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

Depending on the type of substrate used, you may experience some cloudiness. It will clear itself up as long as you are running your filter.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

5. CindiL

CindiLFishlore LegendMember

What are you cycling it with? just ammonia? or ammonia and a bottle of bacterial additive?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice