Tank cloudy??

Hamham

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
i bought a 20 gallon tank about a week ago. I have put the gravel and filter in it and it's working fine. But I just realized it seems kinda cloudy¿ haven't put any fish in it.
Any idea why that is and what could I do?

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good morning,

Please complete your Aquarium Profile Information. This Information will aid others with their responses. To access the Profile, click on Forum Actions in the bar close to the top of the screen. In the drop down box, click on Edit Profile. Be sure to hit SAVE when you are done.

Perhaps you didn't rinse the gravel well enough and in this case, give it time, it will filter out and or settle.

Are you using Activated Carbon in the filter? If not, I suggest that you do.

Ken

(Thread moved to Aquarium Water/Cloudy Aquarium Water section of the forum. You can locate your threads by clicking on Quick Links in the bar close to the top of the screen. In the drop down box, click on My Threads)

LiterallyHydro

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
It's likely just a bacterial bloom. It's very common in new tanks. It'll go away on its own.

Dom90

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Depending on the type of substrate used, you may experience some cloudiness. It will clear itself up as long as you are running your filter.

CindiL

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
What are you cycling it with? just ammonia? or ammonia and a bottle of bacterial additive?

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads