tank chang around

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by lyndra, Mar 20, 2010.

1. lyndra

lyndra Valued Member Member

So after spending yet another week trying to save my dying plants I have had some good signs!! taking in the advice I received here I upped the light levels to 12 hours a day and today I sourced 5kgs of pebbles to add to the tank to bulk up the substrate - I took the plants out of the pots.

I syphoned the water out of the tank and through aloosely woven section of linen to catch any plant matter and put it in a bucket out of the sun, I took out the exsisting substrate and put it in the bucket of water.

I rinsed the new rocks in water and then placed them in the sun to dry.

I trimmed off any dead/dying leaves on the plants and re weighted them with plant anchors then everything went back into the tank.

Firesong has lost his stem glasses for now and has received a bit more natural look to his tank - as much as I liked the glass and pink it showed guck really badly .

457.jpg

2. Red1313

Red1313 Fishlore VIP Member

Oh I like it :D
    I love redoing a tank :p

3. bassbonediva

bassbonediva Fishlore VIP Member

I like it! Good job!

4. critter_fritter79

critter_fritter79 Well Known Member Member

I love it!! The colors look great together and very natural! !!

5. bassbonediva

Did you mean "WTG," critter? ;)

6. OP
    OP
    lyndra

7. bassbonediva

ROFL!! I almost fell off the couch I was laughing so hard at the cat-astrophe in the middle!

Firesong looks happy with his new digs, though! Great job!

8. OP
    OP
    lyndra

I can't do anything without a fuzzball helping, when they tag team it's chaos

9. bassbonediva

My dog is like that...except he's 65lbs, so when he decides to help... :p He's half saint bernard, so he's a wee bit clumsy. He loves the fishes, though! Every time I bring home a new fish, he has to investigate it (I've never seen him try to *eat* one of the fish). He also loves to stare at the tanks for hours on end. Not a hungry stare, just a fascinated stare. lol

10. OP
    OP
    lyndra

I have caught our Maltese puppy up peering at the tank, our other cat always watches the cichlid tank when he is waiting on dinner... The tanks have firm heavy lids not just to keep the fish in.

I just noticed that firesong actually stops to watch the commotion

11. Red1313

Red1313 Fishlore VIP Member

Haha that catastrope was cute :p Just what I needed this morning.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice