Tank busted

PokeTileCraft101

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
It has been a while since i have posted and it just so happens that it is a bad thing. I came home today and went to see the fish tanks. I opened the door and see my 10 gallon blonde endler tank is missing 8 inches of water. I quickly move everything, the dresser, the other tanks and just started to clean the floor. 6 towels later and ive used all of the towels in the house and im now waiting for the towels to finish drying. I dont know what to do right now im upset and stressed out because of this. The tank leaked or busted over the course of 10 hours on the second story. Luckily it didnt leak into the garage but right next to it is my 75 gallon and i dont know if the water will cause the floor to weaken or what. Anyways just came here to tell what happened hopefully it will end well.

Addictedtobettas

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I'm sure that most everyones main tank fear, coming home to it leaking.. or worse.

I hope all turns out well, floors, tanks and fish!

PokeTileCraft101

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
So far the fish seem ok they are in a five gallon bucket because i dont know where to put them yet, but the floor i dont know yet, time will tell

Jennalovesanimals

Valued Member
Reaction score
PokeTileCraft101 said:
So far the fish seem ok they are in a five gallon bucket because i dont know where to put them yet, but the floor i dont know yet, time will tell
Hey I’m really sorry to hear that.. a very similar thing happened to me last week. I had just bought a new 40 gallon and I was moving it into my room and my sister pulled the 10 gallon her way to make room, and the edge of it was off the side.. before I could process what was happening it had exploded everywhere with shards of glass all over the floor and water EVERYWHERE.. 2 of my favorite guppies died immediately, I found my all time favorite one bloody and dead on the floor, and one of them died a few days later. All of my shrimp died and my dwarf frog as well. I now have an overstocked 20 gallon because I needed somewhere to put my guppies, and water damage on the ceilings of the 2 floors below me. It was one of the worst things to experience. I hope everything goes well for you and your fish and you are able to make new arrangements soon.
Also, Just as a suggestion, I would put the fishes’ air stone in the bucket if they have one. If not, I’d put the filter in it. You don’t want them to lose oxygen. Again I am really sorry.

PokeTileCraft101

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Jennalovesanimals said:
Hey I’m really sorry to hear that.. a very similar thing happened to me last week. I had just bought a new 40 gallon and I was moving it into my room and my sister pulled the 10 gallon her way to make room, and the edge of it was off the side.. before I could process what was happening it had exploded everywhere with shards of glass all over the floor and water EVERYWHERE.. 2 of my favorite guppies died immediately, I found my all time favorite one bloody and dead on the floor, and one of them died a few days later. All of my shrimp died and my dwarf frog as well. I now have an overstocked 20 gallon because I needed somewhere to put my guppies, and water damage on the ceilings of the 2 floors below me. It was one of the worst things to experience. I hope everything goes well for you and your fish and you are able to make new arrangements soon.
Also, Just as a suggestion, I would put the fishes’ air stone in the bucket if they have one. If not, I’d put the filter in it. You don’t want them to lose oxygen. Again I am really sorry.
Yeah it really sucks. Luckily i had this pet carpet cleaner and i used it to suck up any water that was left and looking at the bright side, i was able to clean the carpet so thats a plus. The fish seem fine theyre in a 29 gallon tank with my plecos, and the shrimp are in a 5 gallon tank. Im pretty sure i am going to sell the cherry shrimp and just start over with a new colony. Ive been wanting to sell them so this just sped up the process. Hopefully the fish wont develop any diseases from all the stress theyve been through

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Sorry for the unfortunate occurance. If you have a box fan or any type of fan i would run it on the wet floors to speed up the drying process. Hope everything works out good for u! Sorry!!

Jennalovesanimals

Valued Member
Reaction score
PokeTileCraft101 said:
Yeah it really sucks. Luckily i had this pet carpet cleaner and i used it to suck up any water that was left and looking at the bright side, i was able to clean the carpet so thats a plus. The fish seem fine theyre in a 29 gallon tank with my plecos, and the shrimp are in a 5 gallon tank. Im pretty sure i am going to sell the cherry shrimp and just start over with a new colony. Ive been wanting to sell them so this just sped up the process. Hopefully the fish wont develop any diseases from all the stress theyve been through
I’m happy they’re all ok! I did the same thing to suck up the water. Good for you looking at the bright side of things, that was really hard for me to do.

Jennalovesanimals

Valued Member
Reaction score
PokeTileCraft101 said:
Hey guess what. This morning the same thing happened to me. I woke up and my water level was low and there was water everywhere so I had to empty the whole thing and now all 31 fish from that tank r in a 10 gallon bucket with their plants and their bubbler. I have to wait until 9 to call my lfs and ask if it’s too late to replace the tank, or if I should just reseal it or what...

PokeTileCraft101

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Jennalovesanimals said:
Hey guess what. This morning the same thing happened to me. I woke up and my water level was low and there was water everywhere so I had to empty the whole thing and now all 31 fish from that tank r in a 10 gallon bucket with their plants and their bubbler. I have to wait until 9 to call my lfs and ask if it’s too late to replace the tank, or if I should just reseal it or what...
I dont trust a resealed tank. Id rather just spend the money and buy a new one.

Jennalovesanimals

Valued Member
Reaction score
PokeTileCraft101 said:
I dont trust a resealed tank. Id rather just spend the money and buy a new one.
I got it exchanged today. I’m worried it’s gonna leak again. I have trust issues with my tanks now haha

PokeTileCraft101

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Jennalovesanimals said:
I got it exchanged today. I’m worried it’s gonna leak again. I have trust issues with my tanks now haha
Oops didn’t mean to pass my paranoia on to you

I hope it will end well for you

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom