Tank #2!!!!

Discussion in 'Fish Addict' started by Fish Addict, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Fish Addict

Fish AddictWell Known MemberMember

Today my dad finally told me that I can get a second fish tank!!:;broccoli:;banana1
    I have to pay for everything, this time, so I have decided I want a small tank for shell-dwelling cichlids, maybe Neolamprologus multifasciatus ("multies") or brevis...
    But anyways, I will try to use this to show every step of my process...

Edit: Whoops! I just realized I put multifasciatus or multifasciatus... haha

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  2. OP
    OP
    Fish Addict

Looking....

Right now, I'm in the process of looking for everything. I have posted on my fish association's website and on another thread here, that I am looking for tanks, and fish... Now I just have to wait...

3. bettafish2816

bettafish2816Fishlore VIPMember

congrats and good luck! :)

4. Amanda

AmandaFishlore VIPMember

Try craigslist, freecycle & kijiji for tanks.

5. Master Snake

Master SnakeValued MemberMember

The beginnings of MTS...

6. OP
    OP
    Fish Addict

haha, I think I'm a MTS host, it grows inside of me, and I can infect others, but until now, I haven't shown any symptoms, unfortunately... Dang parents.. haha

7. Jonah

JonahWell Known MemberMember

Welcome to MTS ;)

8. OP
    OP
    Fish Addict

I've decided that unless something happens (I find some other shellies for sale) I am going to go with some Multifasciatus in a 10-20g tank, whatever I can find for sale.

9. Aquarist

AquaristFishlore LegendMember

MTS! MTS! :) Good luck

10. OP
    OP
    Fish Addict

Yep! And thanks!

Well, I've been looking at my aquarium club for stuff, and haven't found anything, so my hopes were down, until... I SAW THE TANK!! It was at a Pet Supermarket, and I think I may get it, its a 20g. Long, which should be perfect for my Multie's. I will try to get it ASAP. I am still in the process of looking for some of the actual fish, since it turns out Dino is out, but I am going to try to find it maybe on Aquabid or something...
    Well, that's everything that's happened.

PS I wrote out a profile for Multie's and Mike says its going to be published in this online magazine, so make sure to check it out!

11. OP
    OP
    Fish Addict

Well some good news!
    The first thing is my profile for Multi's has been put on the site, which is pretty cool!
    Also, I GOT MY TANK!!! It was about $130 for the 20g. and stand. Is that an all right price?
    Also, it turns out that the spot I was going to put it is in front of an air vent, so I found a different spot. The one problem is it is partially in front of a window. Will this still work, if the window is always closed, and it just goes to my next door neighbor's house, and there's never any direct sunlight?
    I'm uploading pics of the tank and stand. The second picture is of filling up the tank to look for cracks (there's none!)

Attached Files:

12. Aquarist

AquaristFishlore LegendMember

Glad you got your tank. I think you did fine :) Will be looking forward to pictures once you've got everything up and running. Have fun!

13. navyscuba

navyscubaWell Known MemberMember

I think is a little pricy unless is new. But looking good.

14. OP
    OP
    Fish Addict

Yeah, its brand new.

15. OP
    OP
    Fish Addict

Well, last night, I was able to order an AquaClear filter, an air pump, some Carib Cichlid sand, and the thermometer, so all I'll need to get is the lights and a heater, both of which I can get at the store where I got the tank.
    Other good news, I am about an hour away from closing a deal on Aquabid for 24 pretty shells for the tank.

16. OP
    OP
    Fish Addict

Well, I've been gone this week, but some pretty good stuff has happened. I have recieved all of my equipment that I ordered from Dr. F&S, and won the auction and should have the shells by Friday, and so may be able to start to put together my tank next weekend.

17. LilMan

LilManValued MemberMember

Nice, congrats. Can't wait for pictures :)

18. harpua2002

harpua2002Fishlore VIPMember

Have you looked at Lamprologus Ocellatus "gold"? They are just as interesting as L. Multifasciatus or Brevis, but more colorful. Any shell dwellers are great though. :)

19. OP
    OP
    Fish Addict

I have looked at them, and while they are very pretty they're more agressive, which would mean I wouldn't be able to have as many.

20. OP
    OP
    Fish Addict

Well, this weekendI finally set up the tank, I have everything together and on the tank besides the lights, heater, and, of course, fish!
    Here's a picture of before and after

Attached Files: