tang question

1. PhishHead Member Member

I have a yellow tang. i bought a Royal Gramma Basslet purple/ yellow. the tang keeps bothering it. he found a shell with a bunch of caves and he hides in there the min he comes out the tang is after him just swimming by him so he hides. is this normal for tangs.

2. Nate41590 Member Member

I've heard that the Royal Gramma Basslet, is semi-aggressive, and they could be having a power struggle. But its always best to put the most aggressive fish in last. Yellow tangs are very territorial, and he is probably not too pleased with his new tank mate. I would re-arrange the rocks to confuse him, so that they both can establish a new territory. Hope that helps, a little. :) Also what do you feed your tang? i'm going to get one soon, and i was wondering what their favorite foods are.

3. PhishHead Member Member

i usually feed him everyother day some dried seaweed then the days inbetween twice a day pellets of flake food. u can also give them frozen food.

4. reefdude Member Member

Yellow tangs are very inquisitive by nature. He may be just checking out the new comer. They are normally passive. I feed mine Flora in the morning and at night he gets either blood worms or shrimp. He tears it up!:;2cents

5. Nate41590 Member Member

I have heard that the Regal Tang (dory) is very prone to getting Ich, do you guys find this to be true?? Is there anything that helps prevent it