Tall tank for SW?

Sabi
HI there

I'm wondering whether a tall (24gal) tank would make a good Saltwater tank? For some reason I thought maybe it won't do ,so just wanted to see what your opinion is.

Sabi
;DShould I post it in the sw section maybe?

agsansoo
Should be OK ... What are the dimensions ?

Sabi
Its a corner pentagon, so...
corners: 13in
front sides: 5.5in
front:10.5in
length:24in

agsansoo
Do you have any pictures ?

atmmachine816
I'm thinking you might need stronger lighting if you want many corals to penetrate the deeper water?

Sabi
Heres a pic

Actually i'm checking out if it is possible. I originally bought this tank for my angels but have been wondering if it is not too small for them.
Would I be able to get light bulbs to fit the width?

atmmachine816
You could get some sort of lights, though it would be a bit different from the average saltwater tank. Do you have a 24" light fixture over it now? I would say yes you can have saltwater, what about you agansoo?

agsansoo
It's always better to have a longer tank, instead of deeper. What about setting up seahorse tank !
As for the lights, 24" fixtures are a standard size.

Sabi
Thanks, Atm and Agsansoo. I think it will be better to have a rectangular tank after all. I just repaired that tank and if ever, it starts to leak, it'd be better I have Freshwater fish in there rather than SW!

Another q concerning tanks, would you recommended plastic tanks for SW?

agsansoo
If by plastic, you are referring to acrylic tanks. I prefer glass myself. Acrylic scratches too easy for my taste. Also the tops always look warped from the heat of the light fixtures. They also bow out on the middle, from the pressure of the water ! Just my : ... !

Sabi
Thanks for your :!

atmmachine816
Yea just from expierence with acyrlic, they scratch SUPER easily.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Jesterrace
Replies
Views
SupavisorPete
Replies
Views
coralbandit
Replies
Views