Tall Plants For A Tall Plants?

Aquasub

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Hey guys does anyone have any recommendations for plants that will grow tall (for a 29 gallon tall)
Right now I have it with two aponogeton bulb plants that are thriving perfectly
My light is a 50/50 white 6500k/aticnic bulb
Which I know the aticnic is not usually meant for freshwater plants so I tested it with these two plants for a couple weeks and they've grown well

iZaO Jnr

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Hey guys does anyone have any recommendations for plants that will grow tall (for a 29 gallon tall)
Right now I have it with two aponogeton bulb plants that are thriving perfectly
My light is a 50/50 white 6500k/aticnic bulb
Which I know the aticnic is not usually meant for freshwater plants so I tested it with these two plants for a couple weeks and they've grown well
There are a number of plants you could use, it simply depends on what you're looking for.
Do you want something like a moss or fern? That will kind of sway in the current?
Or perhaps you're looking for something like a sword?

I would suggest reading up on those and deciding which you'd like. From there, recommendations will be much easier for other members.

Aquasub

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I was looking for a tall plant that would sway because of the current of filter and air stone, I did have jungle val in mind, I didn't know amazon sword would grow that tall, i thought it grew but leaves but to the sides. From those you mentioned
Backpack also seems like a good fit
I'm gonna head to my lfs and see what they got in stock
But thanks guys

oOBlueOo

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Do you want a forest look? I had a 10g filled with temple compacta once. It looked cool with the leaves swaying like wind.

Aquasub

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Do you want a forest look? I had a 10g filled with temple compacta once. It looked cool with the leaves swaying like wind.
Actually yes that's pretty much the look in trying to go for, tall plants swaying on top and middle section of the tank while there's still somewhat of a clearance in bottom section of tank,
How tall did the compacta plant grow for you if I may ask?

oOBlueOo

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Like a weed. I had them in a 10g under a 3 T5 style bulb led light. I got sick of them so I gave them away. Otherwise I was trimming them a few times a week.

I may try them in a larger tank. I did like the look, just not the constant trimming.

iZaO Jnr

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Very late reply, I know

Just keep in mind if you're running an air stone it may limit your choice of plants since you're enduring a faster rate of gaseous exchange.

Any stem leading plant will be good for dense forest kind of look, my personal favourite is rotala, but ludwigia and bacopa are easily as simple and appealing

dcutl002

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Italian Vals, Jungle Val, Crypt Retrospiralis, Crypt Spiralis, Quillwort, Amazon Swords, Bacopa Carolina (stem), Brazillian Pennywort (stem), Anacharis (stem), maybe Ludwigia repens (depends on light, and it would be green). Dwarf onion plant would likely work.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom