Talk about your tetras

Flounderman553

Reaction score
Hi I’m back from a long break from the internet so I’m back to talk with you guys i started my first post with a tetra discussion so I’m brining it back so you can talk all you want about tetras on this post or even ask me questions about tetras

Mansoboy

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi!

Mines are 8 Cardinal, just moved today to a new 48g long tank. Next step is to grow to 14 and then add like 14 Embers and 3 honey gourami (blue+orange+yellow seems a good combo).

In the previous 20g, they sct quite territorial. 3 of them occupied 3 zones, and every time someone crossed the zone they chased out. They were alone with shrimps and one otto. Someone had this situation with them?

Feohw

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I had neons, but I wasn't a fan of them at all. They nearly turned me off tetras entirely. But recently, I bought some blue eyed congo tetras. Absolutely love them. Turns out I'm a big fan of the slightly larger tetras, so I can't wait for these guys to grow even more.

I feel that the species of tetra from the Congo are the most beautiful. I really enjoy the displays of the males every morning and after every water change. Being able to see their teeth is another thing that is really cool about them.

OP
Flounderman553

Flounderman553

Reaction score
Congo tetras are certainly a fish that likes to show its colors I’ve personally never owned any but I am planning on getting a tank for some of them in the long run

Kaptain

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Flounderman553 said:
Hi I’m back from a long break from the internet so I’m back to talk with you guys i started my first post with a tetra discussion so I’m brining it back so you can talk all you want about tetras on this post or even ask me questions about tetras
Well I had 6 neons but my amano shrimp ate the two elderly ones that a family friend gave me so I’m down to 4
I was going to get some more on Wednesday but COVID spiked in my state and while the pet store is open I happen to be high risk so they’re going to have to wait and I feel super bad :(

ghostdawg

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
After setting up my new 20g long and adding my original 3 black skirt tetras in it, they have been very scary. They mostly hang out in the left corner at the bottom.
A couple of days ago I purchased 3 more to help them feel comfortable. So far they are still leery, especially when I turn on the lights, they run like ****.

But the 5 ember tetras are having a ball in the new setup, swimming all around. I'll get maybe 5 more sometime soon.

New Threads