Talk About being scared...

luvlee11

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
OK I know i havent been on here for a while but there was just a major storm here in missouri! im talkking huge! tornados and flying simi trucks! so we lost our electricity for 2 days and i didnt know what to do for my fish, so i took a bucket and took some water out and then poured it back in to make some oxygen, i think i did the right thing though cause they all lived ..... i was soooooo happy!!!!!!!! does any one else have some amazing stories about there fish? Yea some people may think what ever but fish are amazing creatures! i want to here your stories...

Beth1965

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
WOW, congradulations.
Beth

bettafish2816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
wow, i'm glad they all made it!

luvlee11

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
let me here your stories!

corycalogero

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
luvlee11 said:
let me here your stories!
i have a story from when i was about 9 or so..... my step dad had 2 very large red oscars.... great fish! strong friendly and funny.... anyhow we went out one day for about 4-6 hours and when we came back we found the glass lid smashed into pieces the light hanging off the back of the tank and the male oscar lying on the carpet.... he was dried out and everything.... we thought he was dead for sure, but when we went to pick him up he tried to move, then we noticed he was still trying to breath (barely).... we soaked the rug around him (cause he was kind of stuck to it, and put him in a salt bath then to a seperate tank.... he went back and forth for 3-4 weeks, between eating and not, looking better and not....... after that though he came back and was fine except for loosing his eye...! great scale health, color and personality came back!!!!! he actually lived for another 3-4yrs!!!!!! another crazy thing is i had a cat at the time and he was so afraid of the fish we found him hiding in the kitchen when we came home that day! ****

dancerhas

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Wow, I'm glad all your fish made it!

luvlee11

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
corycalogero said:
i have a story from when i was about 9 or so..... my step dad had 2 very large red oscars.... great fish! strong friendly and funny.... anyhow we went out one day for about 4-6 hours and when we came back we found the glass lid smashed into pieces the light hanging off the back of the tank and the male oscar lying on the carpet.... he was dried out and everything.... we thought he was dead for sure, but when we went to pick him up he tried to move, then we noticed he was still trying to breath (barely).... we soaked the rug around him (cause he was kind of stuck to it, and put him in a salt bath then to a seperate tank.... he went back and forth for 3-4 weeks, between eating and not, looking better and not....... after that though he came back and was fine except for loosing his eye...! great scale health, color and personality came back!!!!! he actually lived for another 3-4yrs!!!!!! another crazy thing is i had a cat at the time and he was so afraid of the fish we found him hiding in the kitchen when we came home that day! ****
thank you for that great story! **** about that cat! lol

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom