Taleigh's Red Sea Max 250 65 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Saltwater Beginners' started by JessiNoel21, Dec 26, 2012.

1. J

JessiNoel21 Well Known Member Member

Me and Dan set up Taleigh's Red Sea Max 250 today it is now cycling with some LR rubble from my sump. We also put 60lbs of Fully Cured LR that the owner of the LFS we go to give us for a deal $35 for all the rock. And 70lbs of LS from him as well for $30. They are remodeling there show tank so hopefully it cycles quick :).

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2013
  2. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Looking good! Is it in her bed room?
    Years ago friends of our put a 10g freshwater tank in their baby's room before he was born. They used it as a night light and the filter provided white noise. They had really good luck with him sleeping well(attributed to the filter noise) and when he got older would wake up and watch the fish in the tank instead of crying and would go right back off to sleep.
    Carol

3. ryanr

ryanr Moderator Moderator Member

A 55, 250 and 650 on the way.... Girl, you're gonna need yourself a salt factory! :giggle:

Looks great Jessi, I've always like the way Red Sea put their kits together.

4. monkeypie102

monkeypie102 Well Known Member Member

I wish I knew what was needed for a saltwater tank... that looks super pretty!

5. OP
    OP
    J

Yes that is her bedroom she is used to filter noise already from her Betta Valentine's filter plus the 250 is quiet only noise you hear is the skimmer(which is off for now). The 55 is going into the 650 when it gets here :) I am giving the 55 to a friend who is upgrading her 40 reef to the 55. I am loving it so far it was not hard at all to build and put together.

6. Junne

Junne Fishlore Legend Member

Looks fabulous and great idea for the baby room! :)

7. Mike

Mike Fishlore Admin Moderator Member

Sweet tank!

Heehe :) I spy all of your test kits. I use salifert too for the majority of my tests kits.

8. OP
    OP
    J

It all came with the tank ;)

9. OP
    OP
    J

Here is what Taleighs tank looks like now :)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2013
  10. LockedBox

LockedBox Valued Member Member

Wow, that is one lucky little girl.

11. ryanr

ryanr Moderator Moderator Member

Wow Jessi and Dan - you've done a really great job! I love it.

12. Magoo

Magoo Fishlore VIP Member

Beautiful Jessi just beautiful :) fantastic job

13. J

JoannaB Well Known Member Member

Have you been following Tigress Hills and other teens here when they talk about sneaking tanks into the house and such? I can just imagine when Taleigh is a teenager "Mom and Dad, I've been thinking of getting another tank. A 20 gallon maybe. Ok?" And you reply, "Why limit yourself to a 20 gallon? Also dad was looking for a place to stash a new 100 gallon. Would you be willing to house that in your room, and then maybe he can help you set up a 55 gallon tank for you. Ok?" :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice