Taking Inventory

plug

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
So I usually take an inventory of my fish about once a week
So a couple of months ago, I thought I lost one of my Glass Catfish, as I removed what looked like the remains of it...just a gooy mess..as they are almost invisible..and even though they turn white this mess looked like it was a dead Glass Cat

Well tonight, I was feeding some frozen blood worms, and low and behold I see 4 Glass Cats. I do a double take just to make sure, and yep, there are 4

Just wondering if others do inventory checks...sometimes when a tank is full of planst and hiding places, its hard to get a read on all your fish

Needless to say, I am very happy tonight!

Matt B

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I do every morning, once I start feeding all the cories come out from their cave making it easy for me. I have to hunt for the plecos and nerites though. I'm glad your cat turned up!

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Glad you are happy. Some fish can "disappear" for months.

I check - i don't actively take inventory. If it's a fish that should be out and about and it's not, I will look for it. If it's a fish that hides, then I will just make a mental note and hope it shows up.

Ziggi

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I do roll call in the am (if I'm functioning and not late for work! I'm NOT a morning person!), upon arrival home from work, and before lights out! but my tank stock is light so its not hard to do this! I used to count during feeding times but that became impossible to track 8 cories flying after pellets! Happy you found your fish! I had the same thing happen to me with my old amano shrimp ... before I learned of them molting.

plug

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I am happier than a buzzard on a gut truck...I love my Glass Cats...

I counted 78 Endlers...

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom