Taking Inventory

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by plug, Dec 12, 2012.

1. plug

plug Well Known Member Member

So I usually take an inventory of my fish about once a week
    So a couple of months ago, I thought I lost one of my Glass Catfish, as I removed what looked like the remains of it...just a gooy mess..as they are almost invisible..and even though they turn white this mess looked like it was a dead Glass Cat

Well tonight, I was feeding some frozen blood worms, and low and behold I see 4 Glass Cats. I do a double take just to make sure, and yep, there are 4

Just wondering if others do inventory checks...sometimes when a tank is full of planst and hiding places, its hard to get a read on all your fish

Needless to say, I am very happy tonight!

2. Matt B

Matt B Well Known Member Member

I do every morning, once I start feeding all the cories come out from their cave making it easy for me. I have to hunt for the plecos and nerites though. I'm glad your cat turned up!

3. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Glad you are happy. Some fish can "disappear" for months.

I check - i don't actively take inventory. If it's a fish that should be out and about and it's not, I will look for it. If it's a fish that hides, then I will just make a mental note and hope it shows up.

4. Ziggi

Ziggi Well Known Member Member

I do roll call in the am (if I'm functioning and not late for work! I'm NOT a morning person!), upon arrival home from work, and before lights out! :) but my tank stock is light so its not hard to do this! I used to count during feeding times but that became impossible to track 8 cories flying after pellets! :D Happy you found your fish! I had the same thing happen to me with my old amano shrimp ... before I learned of them molting.

5. C

Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

6. Matt B

Matt B Well Known Member Member

107 in that tank

7. OP
    OP
    plug

plug Well Known Member Member

I am happier than a buzzard on a gut truck...I love my Glass Cats...

I counted 78 Endlers...;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice