Taking forum offline for a few to install a patch

1. Mike Fishlore Admin Moderator Member

Just need to do a minor patch that was released for the software. Will be back online asap.

Thanks,
    Mike

2. catsma_97504 Fishlore Legend Member

Thanks for the heads up Mike.

3. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Gee, wish I knew this BEFORE I posted a huge long post -_- Oh well lol Maybe I got lucky, and it went through...?

Any new goodies with this patch that we should know about? :)

4. Mike Fishlore Admin Moderator Member

Ok, we're back online.

The big thing was the forumrunner implementation which is a mobile app you can download similar to tapatalk to use the forum. I have it set up but have not tested with the forumrunner app yet. I'll do that next.

They also optimized some queries that were slow running and fixed over 100 bugs.

5. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

I was just thinking about how we needed a mobile thing for the site lol Have you ever used FaceBook mobile, where everything is done through text message? Like say, some one comments on a photo of yours, and you get a text to your phone of what is says, and then you can respond to it, or even like the comment straight through test message. Its really cool! Maybe we need something like that? :p

6. Mike Fishlore Admin Moderator Member

That would be cool. I'll have to research that.

Just tested the forum runner app and it's very similar to tapatalk but I think it's $1.99 instead of $2.99. There is also a free version but don't know the differences between free vs. paid.

7. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

You totally should! With the FaceBook one, you can post status updates, too. If you have a FaceBook account, and a smart phone, theres a section where you just put your phone number in, and then you can do everything through text message. You should try it, and get ideas for the forum ;D

Free makes my wallet happier? :p

8. pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

I like free.....writes a note to check it out after posting...