Taking Bets on Color Change

KatLovesCoffee

It’s been a bit since I’ve messed with bettas, but as many people can also claim, they were my first love and what got me into the hobby many years ago.

I decided to color up my 20 long by adding him as a centerpiece fish. He was sold as a butterfly, but I’m betting he won’t stay that way long. I see a marble, and we all know how those like to do.

His name is Master Shredder because my kids outvoted me in Commander Bubblefarts.

Anyone want to throw a prediction in the ring?

peachsonas

he is BEAUTIFUL. I have no idea on the prediction on how his colors will change, but if it does you've gotta document it and show us here!

KatLovesCoffee

I will for sure. I bought him for population control in my livebearers tank, so hopefully he will be a fair and just betta lord. Otherwise, if he is too snippy snappy, he may end up in his own 10g.

I wasn’t sure what to make of that red coloration on his head. I was having trouble discerning coloration Vs injury. I don’t THINK it’s an injury…no other signs that something is off here. To my eye it looks like individual red scales. He has a few dragon scales peppered on him also.

I didn’t notice this when I got him. I picked selected him because he was a feisty britches.

KatLovesCoffee

Lets talk about these red scales a minute. I’m having trouble deciding if this is coloration from a marble gene or if he has an issue.

Stripedbass

We have a shredder too!

Blacksheep1

It looks like a colour gene to me rather than an injury. I wonder if it will spread !! It’ll be interesting to see

KatLovesCoffee

After about a week, we already have that blue coming in on his butterfly pattern.
You must be registered to see images

now

1st day in tank

FoldedCheese

So pretty! He's definitely developing some nice iridescent scales.

KatLovesCoffee

Update. He’s changing lots.

Rose of Sharon

I love what is happening to his caudal fin! So beautiful!!!! :)

KatLovesCoffee

I love what is happening to his caudal fin! So beautiful!!!! :)
Me too! I love marbles. I kind of wanted a butterfly but knew going in I’ve never had a blue butterfly stay that way. So…

I’m interested to see him in a month.

KatLovesCoffee

Update

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Sacksteder kid
Replies
Views
MJbluembetta
Replies