Take pictures of fish

1. Sonfish Member Member

How do some of yall get such great pics of your fish ? I have tried every setting and many many combinations of them, mine always come out blurry or looking like they are way out of focus? Thanks

2. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Hi, Hope you don't mind, I moved your thrad out of the How Do I forum.
    That one is mainly for asking about using forum tools.

I can't give you any photo tips, mu pics aren't that good. Maybe Slug's thread will help you:
    Aquatic Photography - A Personal Experience

You can also do a search on the forum, I'm sure this question has been asked before. :)
    I'm sure others will have some other tips to share.

3. Sonfish Member Member

Hi Lucy lol I thought I had posted it in the how do I thread lol , no wonder I couldnt find it when I went back lol I must not have, Ty and Im gonna read the link ya posted

4. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Good morning. I've just gotten a new digital camera. What I have found so far is to take photos with all the room lights off and only the tank lights on. I don't use a flash when taking photos of my tanks. Remember to check your tank for reflections like the TV being on.
    Ken

5. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Ooops, Sorry Sonfish. The How Do I forum is for questions about using the forum.
    If you have any problems finding your posts or threads look on the blue bar at the top. You'll see links for My Posts and My Threads. :)

6. Sonfish Member Member

LOL Ken I learned about the flash first time I tried to take a picture, I also now realise that having black Mollies in a tank with a black back ground doesnt work so well either lol, but it is what was on it when I bought it, I`ll sure be glad when the custom I built is ready to put these in.