Status
Not open for further replies.

mizzoufan96

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hello Everyone,

I wanted to know how everyone takes such good pictures of fish.
I have 10 MP,3x zoom,antivibration Nikon Coolpix. I also have a Monlolta somthin or another . I have used both to take pictures of fish. The only way i get good pics is if the fish are laying on the bottom like my cory. Does anyone have any tips for taking pictures of fish while they are moving.

x
-Nathan

Nutter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Find out if your camera has an adjustable shutter speed. If it does set the shutter speed to be faster. If it does not have adjustable shutter speed, make sure you have the flash on. The flash on ensures a fairly fast shutter speed. The other trick with moving fish is to work out thier swimming patterns. Once you know where they are likely to turn & swim back the other way, set your camera up so that you are focused on the area they will turn around. Try to time your shot to the moment that the fish turns itself around. It may take a few shots to get a good one but it's the best chance with fast moving fish. When using the flash, always make sure that you take the photo with the camera at an angle to the glass to avoid the flash reflecting & ruining the photo. The biggest thing with fish photography is patience. It might take a hundred shots to get the one that you want.

btate617

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yep like Nutter said focus on one spot and wait it out. The biggest mistake most people make is chasing the fish around with the camera, you are not going to get many good pics that way. I don't take the best pics either but normally for 5 pics I post I have taken over 100.

Brian

OP
mizzoufan96

mizzoufan96

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Thank You everyone.
Im going to try what most of you said with not chasing the fish thats probally my problem. Also I have a tripod just never thought of using it >.<

all very helpful
Thanks
Nathan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Weekly

Votes: 63 65.6%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 13 13.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 18 18.8%

Top Bottom