Take A Look At This! :(

peacemaker92

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I was searching through this local sale website and found this ad posted by a guys who's selling bettas. But when I saw the picture, I was shocked and worried... I don't know if the seller is aware that bettas actually fight. What worries me the most is, in the photo, I see mostly females but also I can see some males. :'( And from the pic, you can see how dirty and unclear the tank is... Don't even know if it's cycled

The seller is selling each fish from 50 cents to 1 Malaysian Ringgit. It's quite cheap and if I had loads of tanks, I'd buy them all.

Attachments

Charlemagne

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Uhg, that's just . . . . . horrifying. I can't believe that. It's just . . . . those poor fish!!!!! They must all be on like the brink of death. If I had a bunch of shelves and some tanks, I'd bring them home and divide up the tanks for them. Poor guys! :'(

Tigerfishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
What a shame. That is so sad to see, the poor little guys and girls will be getting all ripped up in there...

peacemaker92

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I just called the seller and he said that the whole tank is almost empty. He sold most of them to some school kids. He only has a few more left so I still don't know what to think...

Tigerfishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Ooh, that's not good... I wonder if he even thought to tell them not to keep them together as a "community". Kinda gives me a shudder

Shine

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
How does a 50c selling price make it worth all the time, effort and expense it takes to raise them?

Red1313

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
50c is unlikely to cover the costs. However if he's in Malaysia it might be closer to it. Depends what his costs are to raise them (heat, feed, etc.). Depending how old they are when he sells them and what method he uses it's possible that he can sell direct from grow-out and bypass the cost of jarring.

peacemaker92

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'm not so worried about how much he sells them, but how he sells them. What if he sells them to some kids who don't know that bettas need a tank of their own...

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom