Take a look at my fish's pictures! See if you can help!

1. melfrany Initiate Member

Hi Everyone,

Here are the pictures of 1 of my mollies. I've bought her about 2 weeks ago and when she came from the store she was completely white.
    After the 2nd day she start developing those black spots which I don't know how to identify what type of parasite they are.

For you that don't know, I've received a suggestion to bleach my tank, since I thought that my mollie had black spot parasites. I did the bleaching on wednesday but today she still has the parasites on her body.

I was even able to take one off her with a needle...It was on her belly so I could take it off, but the ones that are under her scales I can't pull out since to do that would require to pull the scale out first and I don't want to do that...

Since I'm here...Does anyone knows if Parasite Clear tablets by Jungle are safe for the biological filter??? They say in the box that it is safe, but I just want to be sure...I could try that if it doesn't affect the bioload...

So please, take a look at the pictures and see if you can give me any inputs on what is that she has...

Ammonia 0.0
    Nitrite 0.0
    Nitrate 20.0
    temperature 81
    Use salt on the water ( a little more now because of the parasites)

Attached Files:

• Take a look at my fish's pictures! See if you can help!
      1.jpg
      File size:
      15 KB
      Views:
      2.jpg
      File size:
      18.5 KB
      Views:
      3.jpg
      File size:
      17.2 KB
      Views:
      4.jpg
      File size:
      13.9 KB
      Views:
  2. Kivstev Member Member

I know nothing about the black spot except it can be caused by ammonia or parasites. I don't believe anti-parasite meds are recommended though, but can't be sure.

I've used JPC at standard doses about 1/2 dozen times and never had any problem with the biofilter. Normally I would use a hosp tank and do big water changes so it wouldn't matter anyway.

More often I've used Prazi and Metro (the main ingredients in JPC) individually and never had a prob with them affecting the biofilter. I believe JPC also contains Acriflavine which can damage the biofilter if you use it for a long time or at high doses, but in your case I would not worry. However, always monitor your water to make sure.

3. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

4. melfrany Initiate Member

Hi Kivstev! Thanks for your input! I really appreciate :;hug2

5. melfrany Initiate Member

Hi aquarist48! I've got the same diagnosis from another person on this website...but the person did not had the pictures, so now that It seems to me that I've got more assurance of what my fish has, I will wait and see about the life cycle of this parasite.
    By the recommendation of someone from this website, I bleached my aquarium in order to try to kill the snails, so if its really black ich, it will probably go away by itself now...I imagine...Also all of my fish are very happy...they do not show any sign of stress...
    Thanks for your help!

6. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

silver balloon mollies will have black dots also..it could just be a colored variation as well