today^
upload_2019-9-15_18-7-50.jpeg
today^
What is the water volume of the tank? 3.5 gallon
How long has the tank been running? 1-2 months
Does it have a filter? yes
Does it have a heater? yes
What is the water temperature? 79-80 F
What is the entire stocking of this tank? (Please list all fish and inverts.) 2 snails been in there for 2 weeks

Maintenance
How often do you change the water? once a week
How much of the water do you change? 15-20%
What do you use to treat your water? prime
Do you vacuum the substrate or just the water? both

*Parameters - Very Important
Did you cycle your tank before adding fish? yes
What do you use to test the water? API master kit
What are your parameters? We need to know the exact numbers, not just “fine” or “safe”.

Ammonia: 0 ppm
Nitrite: 0 ppm
Nitrate: 0- 5ish ppm
pH: 7.0

Feeding
How often do you feed your fish? once a day
How much do you feed your fish? 3 pellets
What brand of food do you feed your fish?aqueon color
Do you feed frozen or freeze-dried foods? no

Illness & Symptoms
How long have you had this fish? one day
How long ago did you first notice these symptoms? yesterday
In a few words, can you explain the symptoms? fin looks damaged
Have you started any treatment for the illness?no
Was your fish physically ill or injured upon purchase? yes he seemed healthy but his fun was a little damaged
How has its behavior and appearance changed, if at all? gotten more vibrant

Explain your emergency situation in detail. (Please give a clear explanation of what is going on, include details from the beginning of the illness leading up to now)
so I bought this baby betta yesterday at petsmart. i have had 3 bettas before, first 2 lived 4-5 years, second one lived 2-3 days (his body turned brownish and he just gasped for air at the bottom). when i bought this one he seemed lively but a little nibbled on. he was a pale pink when i got him and then has gotten more and more vibrant every hour. i am worried about his tail being finrot instead of just damage and i was hoping someone could confirm which it was. he sometimes lays on the moss balls and gasps for air. also his face area is a little brown. worried cause last fish died very fast and i hope this little boy lives a long happy life!!

Repolie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
His tail just has a split in it. Besides that I don't see anything else physically wrong with him. You may also want to get a cover for your filter intake as it can shred his fins.

Just make sure to keep the water clean and it should heal up. You can add Indian almond leaves or Stressguard which have therapeutic and antiseptic properties to promote the healing process.

SM1199

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Actually, that split looks old and looks like it's already healing (as evidenced by some clear new fin tissue at the base of the split. Nothing to worry about, keep doing what you're doing, and if you feel the need, I second the therapeutic recommendations by Repolie.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom