Tail Rot Next Steps?

DattatheBetta

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm a new aquarium owner and started out with a Betta in a 2.5 gallon tank that was uncycled and had a horrific filter as per the aquarium store employee who I asked a million questions prior to purchasing. I added a heater that keeps the water at approximately 78 degrees. It had 2 live plants and moss balls as well as a piece of drift wood. I also used a filter sponge to decrease the water flow.

About a month ago, I noticed my betta's fins "stuck" together (IMG_2069) suddenly.
IMG_2069.jpg
I did a lot of research, tested the water (no nitrates, no ammonia, Ph was fine, hardness was good). I did water changes daily, cleaned the sides of the tank and all the decor and added aquarium salt (after removing the plants). There was great improvement (IMG_2097)
IMG_2097.jpg
(At first I wasn't sure if the algae growth on the heater and tank was safe for the tank or not but I ended up cleaning it off when I did a complete water change after the 10 days of salt treatment)

I decided I wanted to get him a larger tank and upgrade to a 5 gallon added a few silk plants, a cave, another live plant and small stone bubbler.
I cycled the water using a mixture of gravel from the previous tank, running the previous filter in the new water, conditioner, safe start, and adding his food for several days before a water change and test of the quality. He's loved the upgrade but I'm concerned about his tail not being fully healed (IMG_2478 & 248).
IMG_2478.PNG. IMG_2481.jpg
He has a great appetite, good energy, plays throughout the tank with the bubbler.

Does anyone have an advice on the growth on his tail still? I have aquarium salt, fin and body cure, and betta fix. I do a 20% water change daily, and a 75% water change weekly due to being worried about him. Does anyone have advice?
I've attached a picture of his new tank when he first started exploring(before adding another live plant to the drift wood) and a picture of him poking his head out of the cave because I thought it was cute!
IMG_2483.jpgIMG_2482.jpg

Any advice would be appreciated thank you!

Tank
What is the water volume of the tank? 5 gallons
How long has the tank been running? 1 month
Does it have a filter? yes
Does it have a heater? yes
What is the water temperature? 78ºF
What is the entire stocking of this tank? (Please list all fish and inverts.) 1 male betta

Maintenance
How often do you change the water? daily
How much of the water do you change? 20% daily and 75% once a week
What do you use to treat your water? Essentials Complete Water Conditioer
Do you vacuum the substrate or just the water? both

*Parameters - Very Important
Did you cycle your tank before adding fish? yes
What do you use to test the water? test strips
What are your parameters?
Tested today:
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 0
pH: 6.5

Feeding
How often do you feed your fish? 1x a day
How much do you feed your fish? 4-5 pellets
What brand of food do you feed your fish? TetraMin Tropical Granuals
Do you feed frozen or freeze-dried foods? No

Demeter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
His tail is healed judging by the clean edges, once the fin rays are damaged they don't always return to how they were. So long as they aren't getting worse then I think he'll be just fine.