Tail Fungus

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by yukondog, Apr 18, 2018.

1. yukondog

yukondogWell Known MemberMember

Late last night I noticed some fungus on male albino krib tail and this morning he was dead and the fungus had spread up to almost his anal fin, this was in the span of about 10 hrs. It was thick and fuzzy any ideas?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  2. OP
    OP
    yukondog

anything?

3. Skye_marilyn

Skye_marilynWell Known MemberMember

Could have been sapronalgea but I find this highly unlikely unless the whole tank had been exposed although it could have been a complex columnaris infection, I’d need more info on the tank and possibly a picture.

4. Rtessy

RtessyFishlore VIPMember

I agree with columnaris based on the quick spread, it's a bacterial infection that resembles a fungus, kanaplex or macryn 2 can treat it. Definitely need more info, tank mates, tank size, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pics

5. OP
    OP
    yukondog

Tank size was a temp. tank 10 gl. param. PH 6.4 ammonia 0, NO2 0, NO3 20 ppm. temp 78, no photo fish gone, tank mate is sm. about 2" angel which seems to be fine at the moment.

6. Rtessy

RtessyFishlore VIPMember

I think the best guess is columnaris, is spreads super fast and I can't think of any fungus off the top of my head that will spread anywhere near that fast. I'd order some kanaplex just in case, you'll only need the 5g for that size tank. Keep a close eye on the angel, and at the first sign of anything, start treatment. Were either of them new additions?

7. OP
    OP
    yukondog

No, they have ben together along with a cory.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice