Tail Biting Or Something Else? Help

1. Nightshadethebetta

Nightshadethebetta Member Member

I’ve had my baby betta boy, Shimmer, for a week now. Since he’s been put in his new home, he swims around like crazy every day! He always seems full of energy and loves food lol. He swims back and forth, swimming through leaves and plants, up and down the glass. He’s a crazy guy. But I noticed his fins have changed over this week. I attached a picture of when I first got him and how he looks now. I’m thinking it’s tail biting or from him swimming so fast and crazy? It certainly doesn’t look like fin rot. Any advice? :) I also have a banana plant and Indian almond leaves.

Attached Files:

2. Dch48

Dch48 Well Known Member Member

The 3 pictures all look pretty much the same to me.

3. LilBlub

LilBlub Well Known Member Member

I think I see what you’re talking about... The red part on his tail is shrinking? That looks like a color change to me, not anything to be worried about. Bettas do go through changes throughout their lives, one of mine went from emerald green and pink to midnight blue and red within a week! But I really don’t see anything that looks like either fin biting or fin rot. It’s good that you noticed such a subtle change, though. It shows you’re a good fish mom ;).

4. OP
    OP
    Nightshadethebetta

Nightshadethebetta Member Member

Thank you!! :) I keep a good eye on my little guy. I want him to live the best life possible!

5. LilBlub

LilBlub Well Known Member Member

Well, keep it up! So many people never notice that there’s something wrong with their fish until it’s too late.

But in your case, he looks perfectly healthy. I think it’s just a color change.