Tadpoles

1. Bad Wolf Well Known Member Member

about 6 weeks ago i caught a few tadpoles from a lake near my aunties place, and finally they have started to grow hind legs. Front legs are starting to appear. They are currently living in the main 55g community tank with all the other fishes. (BTW, there are only 2 tadpoles)

Any ways, we are going to keep them when they are adult, but the problem is, they need a land platform. I'm not going to buy a permanent platform, reason 1, too expensive, reason 2, they probably wont stay for a long time. Is there any way to have a cheap, removable platform?

I was thinkin a styraphome platform, would this work?

thnx

2. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

hmm.. i'm not sure they should be kept in the tank forever... maybe get a plastico toat for them? :;dk

3. TedsTank Well Known Member Member

you could use a piece of wood for a platform???

eeeew are they Cane Toads???....kill em!!!!

4. Gouramiguy17 Well Known Member Member

I say just get some hornwort, it floats and they can climb up on it easy, or you could get some driftwood that floats, that is what I used when my tadpoles grew legs

5. Bad Wolf Well Known Member Member

okay, honestly, I have absolutely no clue what species this frog is. right now they are brownish and are about guppy size. my auntie might know what type they are.

right now, i have a piece of driftwood on the side of the tank, it sinks, but it's big. the tip of it is in the corner of the tank and it also has java moss connected to the tip. bearly out of the water and no running space, just sitting, is that okay?

but is the styrophome usable?

PS- wat are so bad bout cane toads???

thnx

6. Bad Wolf Well Known Member Member

okay, i read up that cane toads are big, gross and poisonous. if they turn out to be cane toads, what do i do with them?? i don't think there are any in the area, so i don't want to release them here. i got them from my aunties place about an hour away, so yeah. she has them too.

but if they were cane toads, wouln't my fish be dead because of the poison?

thnx

7. Frogger Initiate Member

8. Bad Wolf Well Known Member Member

dw about it, my catfish ate them, lol... its a shame, i liked them