Tadpole development

jenste

Well, if you saw my other thread you know the story....for those of you just tuning in lol here is a summary...

Get ready to laugh - -

a couple days ago my mother in laws acf laid eggs. She wasn't looking to raise them...and she thought she had wiped away all the eggs. Today I went by to do her water change and low and be hold she has tadpoles!

32-40 in all...couldn't get an accurate count because they wouldn't stay still.

We sat for two hours catching them one by one with a turkey baster. My mother in law only has the one tank with the adults, so I took them home and have them in one of the tanks I had just set up for my breedings next week.

Funny how things work out, huh? I have a poll up right now in another thread for you guys to help me choose which pairs of mine to breed!

This batch of tadpoles had a natural/pied/marbled father and a reticulated albino mother. There are some dark tadpoles but mostly white tadpoles with black eyes - these will be either reticulated albinos (most likely) or leucistic albinos (less likely but possible).

So....now I will be only doing one mating of my own for the time being while I raise this batch for Barbara (mom in law)

This thread will be used to track their development - I am just hoping they survive the transition between tanks and different water.

Lucy

lol, congrats, you're a step mother!

jenste

nervous....really hope they adjust ok...

two hours of catching them with a turkey baster, then driving home with them in a tupperware container, then having to take the time to float their tupperware in the new tank to make the temps match....

I am praying this wasn't too much stress and change for them..

konstargirl

Aww! Congrats. They look more like fry than tadpole. lol

jenste

just checked on the tadpoles....most if not all seem to have survived the transition between tanks!

Didn't take any new pictures yet because the tank is in the bedroom, and its 5am and the husband is sleeping lol

Off to work and then my little sisters bday party - then I will come home and take some new pictures

Aquarist

Good morning,

How sweet! Best wishes for many survivors! Keep us posted.

Ken

frogbreeder

Congratulations, Jenste. Tadpoles are just way too cute. Can't wait for more pics. All the best. - frogbreeder

jenste

Day 3

Freeswimming!!!!

Day 5....growing! My camera is picking them up much easier now

sorry for messy bottom, pictures taken right before water change

Day 9

They are growing!!!

The tadpoles in this batch are growing at very different rates - some are still 1/2 the size of their siblings.

Some of the large siblings are developing their back legs

Forgive the bits of plant matter in the back ground, I was getting ready to do a water change when I decided to take the photos.

This photo shows the size difference, the center tadpole with its back legs and the small tadpole beside it

FishHobbiest

...Muzz..resist.... the cuteness.....
Congrats lol

jenste

6 weeks old!
Various stages of morphing - -
one is nearly a froglet, the others are between morphing back legs and morphing front legs (back legs morph first)

FLGirl

Awesome!! So cute, great job!!

sanjin

I love seeing your tadpole threads - they're so cool!

jenste

check out the for sale section

The froglets will be ready for homes come early September

lorabell

Yeah!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!Mine just can't get it right......and there ya go...with-out even trying..........good job!!!!!!

Cognity7

oh wow! I didn't know you could actually hold adfs!!! CUTE!

your makin me want one.... !!

jenste

lol

now now. you mean ACFs lol.

was doing it purely for pictures - I handle as little as possible,

sanjin

You're killing me with cuteness here!

FLGirl

Awwwwww!!!

siobhan042

awww they are getting soo big!! well done xx

jenste