Experience
5 years
Looks like my older tabby I love tabbies

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
she's so cute!! looks like a kitten that has been dropped of at my house. She is going to see Mr. Vet soon i love cats
Carol

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Someone dropped a kitten off at your house Carol? I mean, did you just find it at your doorstep, or just someone you know gave it to you? Post some pictures! I LOVE KITTENS!

LilaBean

Valued Member
Reaction score
she is also an oldie but goodie!!! i think she's around 12 or 13-- i rescued her from one of the group homes i oversee-- she was not getting enough attention or lovin-- so now she is retired and lays around wanting belly rubs and looking at her fish friends all day!! i love her to death-- we call her tabba toes b/c she has double paws!!! so cute-- here she is rolling around-- i swear she thinks she's a dog!!! LILA

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yes Isabella this frequently happens. We are the soft touch in the neighborhood I put out dry catfood every morning and every night and I never know whos going to be there to eat. We ahve a 13yr old male who was a stray and has been neutered(buddy), a black femele cat(mamacat)who was pregnant and a stray-now spayed and countless others who have come to us starved and ragged who have been fed, spayed/neutered and given away. There is a low cost spay/neuter group in town that helps us with the cost of spaying and neutering them. Now the kitten is here, My husband named her squirrely for lack of a better name because her fur looks like a squirrels. she is really skinny
and needs fattening up. I will take some pics tomorrow and post them. maybe we could pick a better name for her
Carol

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Thanks God there are some good people left I don't see any stray cats in my neighborhood, but if I saw one I'd certainly help it too. Most of the cats that I see (where I live) are someone's cats just going outside. I know this by the way they look (their coats are healthy and shiny, and they're well fed), plus many of them wear tags. However, my old tabby that I have was taken from the outside. My neighbor had been feeding a female cat for years (she either was some homeless or a stray cat) and she'd have kittens every spring, and so it happened that I just took one kitten from her about 6 years ago I have no idea whether she's still there. But I hope she is.

LilaBean

Valued Member
Reaction score
i live in an apartment complex where there are so many strays-- and each year they have more and more kittens-- someone comes and feeds them and puts up boxes with blankets all on the outskirts of the wooded area where they frequent-- i don't know if they would be able to be nuetered but if anyone knows of a service or organization that nueters strays pls let me know-- it's so sad to see them all out there-- but they survive-- i just wonder how much disease they are spreading to their young-- i used to feed them when i first moved in and then we got a letter from the apt people saying if they found out who was feeding them they would be fined-- do you believ that-- so i really want to find out how to give them the information they need rather than neglect the situation--

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Lila most cats in that situation are feral cats and you really don't want to try and catch them yourself. We had a big feral colony not too far from us and the group fed and trapped them, then had them spayed/neutered. One of the families had a big farm with an old barn and they were taken there and turned loose to live their days out. since they had been together as a group they got along well, and since they had been spayed/neutered no more kittens.
It really makes me angry when people let their pets breed with no place to permmanently place the babies, especially when they have to fend for themselves.
(stepping off soap box )
Carol

LilaBean

Valued Member
Reaction score
what group??-- is it a local feline rescue team or something-- would i habe any luck calling the humane society?? i sure now know that they are not such nice kitties-- they would eat tabba alive--

SunnShadow

Valued Member
Reaction score
LilaBean said:
what group??-- is it a local feline rescue team or something-- would i habe any luck calling the humane society?? i sure now know that they are not such nice kitties-- they would eat tabba alive-- 
Try looking for an "Angels for Animals" group in your area. If the cats are not domesticated or are "feral," I think they will neuter them and return them to their "natural" habitat. Those cats are more than likely getting along fine, being that they are "wild animals" (thanks to people abandoning their pets a few generations ago), but the AFA group (or some group that I've heard of but can't remember) tries to stop the population explosion of feral cats and dogs, without stressing the animals too much.

S.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Lila I believe your in texas right? Check this out and see if you find the info you need.

This is the one we use. It's in Chattanooga Tn, which is about 10 minutes away. They are just wonderful.
https://www.petfinder.org/shelters/TN12.html
carol

LilaBean

Valued Member
Reaction score
no -- Connecticut-- I have a fiend whose husband is a vet-- he is going to see if anyone at his clinic would know anything more-- thank you all !! LILA

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You can put your state in the link I gave you and it will give you what is available in your state.
Carol

LilaBean

Valued Member
Reaction score
thanks-- i contacted someone today from the area who hopefully will find be able to help-- what a great website!! i'll let you know how it works out-- LILA

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom