Syphon Filter

1. Jason Well Known Member Member

The other day my syphon gravel filter broke, so there was no longer anymore suction, so this time I'm going to go for a differnet brand. Can anyone recommend one? I don't think I'll go python as I only have a 60 litre and is probably not worth paying the extra money as I dont need to take out that much water...

2. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Is there maybe something stuck in the hole in the syphon? Mine does that at least once each water change and will stop syphoning. Then I take it apart and clean it and we are going again.
    Carol

3. Jason Well Known Member Member

Nah what happened was that the pastic that connects to the tubing ripped, so it is no longer air tight. I kept on using it although less suction untill the whole thing ripped off.

4. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Bummer!!! :p

5. rob2uk Member Member

If you've got some aquarium sealant you might be able to fix it with that...

6. Jason Well Known Member Member

Doesn't matter I went out and bought a new one today. different brand looks tougher. ;)
    I'm gonna use it tomorrow

7. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

What you weren't so excited by your new piece of equipment that you didn't use it today? I thought you loved gravel Vacuuming ::) I always have to try things out right away, even if I have one just like it already. hahaha :p
    Carol

8. Jason Well Known Member Member

Couldn't I was going to but my there was no room at that moment as we were movin stuff around. I did today however and it worked brilliantly. To good in fact the tube is wider and the suction is a bit better so the bucket overflowed and I got in a bit of trouble. I didnt look at the bucket often enough...
    :) I guess I know for next time

9. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

:p :p :p :p :p Sorry J-Man we've all been there :D I know it's not much consolation, but most fish keepers do that at one time or the other.
    Carol

10. Jason Well Known Member Member

Lol :D