Syphon Filter

1. Jason

Jason Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The other day my syphon gravel filter broke, so there was no longer anymore suction, so this time I'm going to go for a differnet brand. Can anyone recommend one? I don't think I'll go python as I only have a 60 litre and is probably not worth paying the extra money as I dont need to take out that much water...

2. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Ratings:
    +96
    Is there maybe something stuck in the hole in the syphon? Mine does that at least once each water change and will stop syphoning. Then I take it apart and clean it and we are going again.
    Carol

3. OP
    OP
    Jason

Ratings:
    +0
    Nah what happened was that the pastic that connects to the tubing ripped, so it is no longer air tight. I kept on using it although less suction untill the whole thing ripped off.

4. Butterfly

Ratings:
    +96
    Bummer!!! :p

5. rob2uk

rob2uk Member Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you've got some aquarium sealant you might be able to fix it with that...

6. OP
    OP
    Jason

Ratings:
    +0
    Doesn't matter I went out and bought a new one today. different brand looks tougher. ;)
    I'm gonna use it tomorrow

7. Butterfly

Ratings:
    +96
    What you weren't so excited by your new piece of equipment that you didn't use it today? I thought you loved gravel Vacuuming ::) I always have to try things out right away, even if I have one just like it already. hahaha :p
    Carol

8. OP
    OP
    Jason

Ratings:
    +0
    Couldn't I was going to but my there was no room at that moment as we were movin stuff around. I did today however and it worked brilliantly. To good in fact the tube is wider and the suction is a bit better so the bucket overflowed and I got in a bit of trouble. I didnt look at the bucket often enough...
    :) I guess I know for next time

9. Butterfly

Ratings:
    +96
    :p :p :p :p :p Sorry J-Man we've all been there :D I know it's not much consolation, but most fish keepers do that at one time or the other.
    Carol

10. OP
    OP
    Jason

Ratings:
    +0
    Lol :D