20 Gallon Tank Synodontis lucipinnis in 20 gallon?

PenguinTetra38

I have a 20-gallon tank that has 6 lemon tetras, 5 harlequin/porkchop rasboras, 1 synodontis lucipinnis, and 1 lone serpae tetra (there used to be more but the school slowly dwindled as the years went by). I used to have a bristlenose pleco but unfortunately, it passed away a couple of days ago. A always felt bad that I only had one synodontis lucipinnis because I now know that they are a schooling fish but when I got it the people at my fish store didn't tell me that and that was before I knew to research about fish I wanted to get. Long story short, now that my pleco has passed away could I get 2 more synodontis lucipinnis for my tank, or would that cause it to be overstocked? Thanks in advance.

AcornTheBetta

PenguinTetra38 said:
I have a 20-gallon tank that has 6 lemon tetras, 5 harlequin/porkchop rasboras, 1 synodontis lucipinnis, and 1 lone serpae tetra (there used to be more but the school slowly dwindled as the years went by). I used to have a bristlenose pleco but unfortunately, it passed away a couple of days ago. A always felt bad that I only had one synodontis lucipinnis because I now know that they are a schooling fish but when I got it the people at my fish store didn't tell me that and that was before I knew to research about fish I wanted to get. Long story short, now that my pleco has passed away could I get 2 more synodontis lucipinnis for my tank, or would that cause it to be overstocked? Thanks in advance.
20g is the minimum tank size for a synodontis lucipinnis, but for a group they would need a bigger tank. I think 2 more would make it overstocked.

DarkOne

Synodontis lucipinnis get to about 4" and way to big for a 20g long. I would get another BN pleco and rehome the lucipinnis.

PenguinTetra38

Ok, thanks for the advice!

Top Bottom