Synodontis decorus question

Discussion in 'Catfish' started by freak78, Dec 17, 2012.

1. freak78

freak78 Well Known Member Member

I was wondering how big there will get and will they get along with Cory's? I can get a free one.

2. RogueAgent94

RogueAgent94 Fishlore VIP Member

They get around 11 inches if I remember correctly. And no, they wouldn't go well with corries.

3. J

JessiNoel21 Well Known Member Member

My dad has one that is 12" long and no like Rogue said Cories are a bad idea seeing at one point they well become a meal. My dad's eats feeder guppies,bloodworms, earthworms, beef heart, whole fresh water clams, and as a treat a strawberry.

4. OP
    OP
    freak78

Here's my dilemma. This guy has a cichlid tank with like 3 cichlids left in it and is switching it to saltwater. It's a 75 gallon tank the other 2 fish he's given away and he's got this synodontis left. He told me I can have it or he will probably flush it. It's maybe 2 inches long right now. I'm not kidding here but probably 1/2 of my fish were either given to me or rescues.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  5. J

JessiNoel21 Well Known Member Member

Well then get it and just plan to upgrade in a year

6. OP
    OP
    freak78

Yeah I'm gonna get it in a few hours. I have future plans for a 125 gallon tank but that's year's down the road. I'll keep it as long as I can until I have to figure out what to do.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice