Synodontis decorus question

Discussion in 'Catfish' started by freak78, Dec 17, 2012.

1. freak78

freak78Well Known MemberMember

I was wondering how big there will get and will they get along with Cory's? I can get a free one.

2. RogueAgent94

RogueAgent94Fishlore VIPMember

They get around 11 inches if I remember correctly. And no, they wouldn't go well with corries.

3. JessiNoel21

JessiNoel21Well Known MemberMember

My dad has one that is 12" long and no like Rogue said Cories are a bad idea seeing at one point they well become a meal. My dad's eats feeder guppies,bloodworms, earthworms, beef heart, whole fresh water clams, and as a treat a strawberry.

4. OP
    OP
    freak78

Here's my dilemma. This guy has a cichlid tank with like 3 cichlids left in it and is switching it to saltwater. It's a 75 gallon tank the other 2 fish he's given away and he's got this synodontis left. He told me I can have it or he will probably flush it. It's maybe 2 inches long right now. I'm not kidding here but probably 1/2 of my fish were either given to me or rescues.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  5. JessiNoel21

JessiNoel21Well Known MemberMember

Well then get it and just plan to upgrade in a year

6. OP
    OP
    freak78

Yeah I'm gonna get it in a few hours. I have future plans for a 125 gallon tank but that's year's down the road. I'll keep it as long as I can until I have to figure out what to do.