Sydney Aus Local Fish Stores

BobRocio

Just wanted to put some feelers out there and see if anyone has had a really good experience somewhere in Sydney? I’m looking for somewhere that has a good variety of freshwater tropicals and hopefully get in something a bit out of the usual and some good stocking of plants and planted tank products.

petparn mate will reserch 4 other shops 4 u

Hill Dweller

Allfish2u in western Sydney import fish, have an interesting range, some unusual choices and lots of good advice when you need help, they have an online store and ship if you don't want to drive through all the toll roads haha They also recently expanded their plants section and have a few rad display tanks. I've got 2 tanks ordered in through them in very specific sizes I couldn't find elsewhere. I enjoy giving them all my money

Fish City is also in that area, has a nice clean store, a good range of dry goods and some nice clean plants and helpful staff.

My local PetBarn has its uses (quick stop for meds/food/filter floss etc but whole racks of tanks are often closed for ich treatment etc and plants often are not true aquatic varieties and bring snails into my tanks.

I know there are a few other fairly big stores in Sydney like Sydney Discus World, Magestic Aquariums and Aquaristic but it's hard for me to get to those parts of Sydney so I can't say what they are like. Discus World just hosted that legendary fish guy Heiko Bleher to give a talk.

Google a bunch of stores and then follow them on Facebook, you will soon get an idea of what they are stocking and what the service/knowledge is like

BobRocio

Awesome thanks for the info, Allfish2u sounds promising! I’ve been to Fish City in Penrith and Fish Tank in Castle Hill which are virtually the same store, think they’re owned by the same people, best I had found so far! They tend to stock some larger Cichlids on and off which I’m into but I’m looking into some smaller CA Cichlids and Apistos to breed.

Went to Majestic and it was alright, but I was a bit disappointed in the range though they are definitely marine based.

I was going to check out Sydney Discus World next weekend, they’re website is pretty impressive! I’ll let you know if it’s good. Haven’t heard of Aquaristic though, might have to check it out.

aussieJJDude

petparn mate will reserch 4 other shops 4 u
Idk what petbarn you go to, but all the ones I visited are overpriced, disease ridden stock...

I used to go to the one in browns plains brisbane and your right most of there fish are sick and dear

Discus-Tang

Fine Pebble Aquarium in Croydon is my go-to fs.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
KingOscar
Replies
Views
Pikephillips322
Replies
Views
Leeman75
  • Bettaboo123
  • Guppy