Swordtail babies

1. fletch Member Member

Ive ahd my female sword tail in a breeding net for almost a week now. How do I know when shes going to have babies? I need a realiable method of being able to tell. if that makes sense

2. Luke 16 Initiate Member

There is not way 2 tell wen xsactly its goin 2 happen 1 thing You can do is the the temperature a bit it will make it happen sooner aans also frequent water changes. if shes really fat it should happen very soon

3. fletch Member Member

Its ok, a few hours after I wrote this she had 16 babies

4. fishfreak Member Member

cool the other night i was on vaction and one of my mollies had babies but she ahd them durning my vaction and i just left her in the tank one survived between the a breeding which babie guppys in it i think im goin to name the mollie lucky.

5. Jason Well Known Member Member

I though my swordtail was about to have babies as she looked more like a balloon molly but now she isnt so fat and i'm sure she hasnt had any babies.

6. fishfreak Member Member

was she moving slow when u look at her she could of babies then or she could ate too much ???

7. Jason Well Known Member Member

Nah she wasnt moving slow and she's been eating the same amount as she was and she was getting fatter every week, until then...

8. fishfreak Member Member

she might of had them in the miltle of the night then