Swordtail babies

1. f

fletch Member Member

Ive ahd my female sword tail in a breeding net for almost a week now. How do I know when shes going to have babies? I need a realiable method of being able to tell. if that makes sense

2. L

Luke 16 Initiate Member

There is not way 2 tell wen xsactly its goin 2 happen 1 thing You can do is the the temperature a bit it will make it happen sooner aans also frequent water changes. if shes really fat it should happen very soon

3. OP
    OP
    f

fletch Member Member

Its ok, a few hours after I wrote this she had 16 babies

4. f

fishfreak Member Member

cool the other night i was on vaction and one of my mollies had babies but she ahd them durning my vaction and i just left her in the tank one survived between the a breeding which babie guppys in it i think im goin to name the mollie lucky.

5. J

Jason Well Known Member Member

I though my swordtail was about to have babies as she looked more like a balloon molly but now she isnt so fat and i'm sure she hasnt had any babies.

6. f

fishfreak Member Member

was she moving slow when u look at her she could of babies then or she could ate too much ???

7. J

Jason Well Known Member Member

Nah she wasnt moving slow and she's been eating the same amount as she was and she was getting fatter every week, until then...

8. f

fishfreak Member Member

she might of had them in the miltle of the night then