Swordtail about to explode!

1. kingguppy9000 Member Member

One of my three juggernaut swordtails is about to explode.....again![​IMG]Here are the smallest of the three, they are about 3 inches long now.[​IMG]That is the biggest female and the only male in the tank, he is a hair over 4 inches long, and she is longer then him.

2. s hawk Well Known Member Member

I've never kept sword tails before (but kept guppies for a bit). Are those long red things normal for the fish. I don't mean to be an alarmist but those remind me to much of collanus worms that got my guppies. Although they are sticking alot farther out than mine ever were. Or do swordtails not have gravid spots.

3. kingguppy9000 Member Member

The first picture she has a huge spot, you can see the individual eyeballs if your in front of the tank. Those red things are just huge amounts of poop. I gave them a double portion of brine shrimp this morning because she is getting close and the big orange one gave birth two or three days ago.

4. s hawk Well Known Member Member

Okay thanks. It was one of those I was unsure but was concerned enough to say something. Congrats on the fry

5. kingguppy9000 Member Member

Thanks