Swollen Butthole Help! Wth Important

Discussion in 'African Cichlids' started by LZAWADZKI, Apr 25, 2018.

1. LZAWADZKI

LZAWADZKI New Member Member

Image1524692371.250257.jpg

Please help me! Female cobalt zebra, at first I thought it was constipation so I starved her out for a few days and did an epsom salt bath, but it hasn’t gone down. She’s still her normal sassy self, and swimming fine, but she hasn’t eaten or pooped in at least three days.

2. Jeka

Jeka New Member Member

it s probably some sort of blockage

3. Fanatic

Fanatic Fishlore VIP Member

Yikes, I haven't ever dealt with this.
    It may very well be a blockage or a prolapsed uterus.

4. Jeka

Jeka New Member Member

maybe try putting some parasite medicine on a little bit of flake food. or will she not eat?

5. OP
    OP
    LZAWADZKI

She hasn’t been eating but I haven’t tried forcing her yet. She eats out of my hand sometimes so maybe I can entice her with peas or something first

6. OP
    OP
    LZAWADZKI

I’ve been worried that it might be a prolapsed uterus. In that case would the only solution be to find an aquatic vet or something?

7. OP
    OP
    LZAWADZKI

The other fish in my tank seem very healthy, so if it’s not parasites do you know what sort of other blockage could be possible?

8. Fanatic

Fanatic Fishlore VIP Member

I do not know how to treat it, just avoid any possible ways of it being picked on.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice