Switching Tanks

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by AJ34, Apr 18, 2018.

1. AJ34

AJ34Valued MemberMember

Hey, I was wondering how tank switches usually goes for everyone. I put my baby betta in a slightly larger tank last night and I feel like shes acting spastic. I don't know if its the extra space, shape, or lights or what. She is swimming up and down every so often kinda crazy like. It is a hexagon shape and her last one was round. I was just trying to give her a little more space but now I feel like I should have just left her. She seemed calmer in the other tank. Water parameters are good. I did buy a betta log for additional cover and to take up some more space. Hope she adjusts!

2. NavyChief20

NavyChief20Well Known MemberMember

same filter and same water?

3. 75g Discus Tank

75g Discus TankFishlore VIPMember

I think that your betta is just a little disoriented from the move and trying to find something familiar.

4. OP
    OP
    AJ34

AJ34Valued MemberMember

I think you are probably right and it has to be strange going from round tank to having corners... I wanted to stick with a round but this is my third tank and I only have one location my cats can't get it! Space and location was an issue with this tank. Hope it all works out!

5. Jenoli42

Jenoli42Well Known MemberMember

as long as you transferred your filter & all the cycled media & some of your old tank water & matched parameters, your betta will be just adjusting. :)

6. Hunter1

Hunter1Well Known MemberMember

If you did what jenoli said, it’s just a new environment.

But if you didn’t, your new tank needs to cycle.

7. OP
    OP
    AJ34

AJ34Valued MemberMember

Thanks guys, yeah I did all that... she seems to be more acclimated now. I added a few more things for cover and she seems less stressed!

8. trainandfishguy

trainandfishguyValued MemberMember

Sounds like she is just getting used to her new home. As ling as she is eating, everything should be fine.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice