Switching Cories

spike98

I am wondering what Corydoras would be suitable to switch with my Albino Corydoras that are in my 29 gallon. I have 1 dwarf gourami, 11 x-ray tetra, and 9 Albino Corydoras. I know I could do bronze as Albino are I think a different variation of bronze. Thanks for any help

YellowFish13

Where are you going to put the old Cory’s? I love peppered Cory’s. Green Emerald Corys are cool too! They can get pretty big, so I wouldn’t recommend more than 5 in your tank!

spike98

I have a lfs I'm going to see if I can give them to and maybe get a discount. I want emeralds but I don't think 5 would be a great number as they love their schools. Pepper seem like a nice option.

YellowFish13

Yes! I have 8 emerald Cory catfish in my 40 gallon, and they are always in one big school!

r5n8xaw00

I have a lfs I'm going to see if I can give them to and maybe get a discount. I want emeralds but I don't think 5 would be a great number as they love their schools. Pepper seem like a nice option.

Hate to tell you this, but I have tried several times to get my lfs, and I am talking about five stores, to take fish I wanted to trade for something else. The lfs all told me no, but maybe you will have better luck. Peppers are great, but not really in the same temperature range as the Dwarf Gourami. I already have Peppers with my DG, but I am stuck with it. Sterbais would be a better choice for DG temp range.

spike98

Thanks, I've had some luck with them and if all else fails I know they would take them off my hands. Might as well see if I could get a deal out of it though

Deniz Wilson

For cory varieties I would reccomend , corydoras panda, corydoras pygmaeus, Corydoras arcuatus, corydoras metae, corydoras julii, Corydoras sterbai, corydoras habrosus, corydoras schwartzI and corydoras hastatus. I have most of these dispersed throught my tanks, peppered cories like it a little colder, but I have kept pgmy cories with my dwarf gourami.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Tigerburp
Replies
Views
DoubleDutch
Replies
Views
DoubleDutch
  • Question
Replies